Thread: Taurus 24/7 G2?

BANNED

Taurus 24/7 G2?

Hey Sean,

was wondering if the new 24/7 G2 would make it in Canada? If yes, any ETA? I know you don't retail them, but would you have an educated guess as to what their pricetag will look like?

thanks,
    cheers.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Its been backordered since it's introduction at SHOT in January 2010.

The latest problem I'm told is that they haven't developed a 10 round mag for it.

It's a very nice gun - I want to get some!

I should have more of an update after SHOT next month.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    Its been backordered since it's introduction at SHOT in January 2010.

The latest problem I'm told is that they haven't developed a 10 round mag for it.

It's a very nice gun - I want to get some!

I should have more of an update after SHOT next month.
    Coolio.
    thanks!

looking forward to getting my hands on one, if it ever becomes available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Why can't they pin the mags?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silveragent's Avatar
    wow that's a nice looking gun. Especially in two-tone
    ---
    Home club : PCDHFC, shoots IPSC, black rifles, hunts badly

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveragent View Post
    wow that's a nice looking gun. Especially in two-tone

My first choice.

My next buys are a couple long guns, hopefully by the time i'm done with those those will have made it in Canada. I want one in 9mm BADLY.

Last edited by sewktbk; 12-26-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Rather than bringing in more guns that you cannot get parts for perhaps getting parts for the ones already in canada would a better idea? Last time I needed parts for my 24.7pro FN Sports and Freedom Ventures were not able to get them for me and Taurus won't ship them to Canada.

I had to have WSS send my gun back to FN who sent it back to miami in order to change out a couple of springs. It was gone for 8 months and costs me $50 in shipping. I could have got the parts with shipping for less than $10 and changed them in 5 minutes myself...

They are an OK gun for range playtime but for use in the shooting sports where they get alot of use and a bit of abuse they just don't hold up. Without a reliable source of parts I wouldn't ever buy another Taurus. They aren't bad guns, but Taurus's support in canada is sadly lacking, and that's not the dealers fault.

I just thought I would let potential owners know about this fatal flaw. Sorry if I steped on your toes Sean.
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    We have always warranty supported all Taurus and Rossi products imported to Canada by us. No dealer has yet to hear "tough luck" from us. When we start having to, we'll stop importing the line. The G2s will be no different.

Parts to Canada remains an issue with Taurus; but Taurus says they have surprise for us at 2012 SHOT show. I'll let you know more after I return.

Tanfoglio and STI are the firearm lines we recommend for serious competition use.