Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

That's why Google "translate" is your friend...(or not, if you can't work around the obvious..)
    7690Czk= Can$ 407.49, w/o shipping, as of today (courtesy of h t t p://w w w .xe.com/ucc/)

Producer: TZ & GuneXpert
    Item no manufacturer: GX-KVU
    Guarantee (months): 24

Product is sold out, next availability March-April 2012. In the case of pre-orders and payment transfer, you are entitled to reduce the price by 10%.
    New duralumin cover end with fixing elements for all common optical systémů.Jedná a newly developed component-replacement part for Sa vz.58 in calibres 7.62 and 5.56 x39 x45. Dural cover with weaver rail built into the body element stands out first-class treatment , after the initial firing accuracy and re-deployment of existing very low hmotností.Využívá original mounts and brings nové.Nebrání reduction in the use of members of the housing stock and závěru.Weaver bar height is flush with new forend from GuneXpertu, this design allows the professional to use the new military optical systems from Meopta and fully replaces the sagittal and rail, used on newly solved conceptually zbraních.Vývoj, production and testing were several hundred thousand crowns.
    New duralumin cover end with fixing elements for all common optical systémů.Jedná a newly developed component-replacement part for Sa vz.58 in calibres 7.62 and 5.56 x39 x45. Dural cover with weaver rail built into the body element stands out first-class treatment , after the initial firing accuracy and re-deployment of existing very low hmotností.Využívá original mounts and brings nové.Nebrání reduction in the use of members of the housing stock and závěru.Weaver bar height is flush with new forend from GuneXpertu, this design allows the professional to use the new military optical systems from Meopta and fully replaces the sagittal and rail, used on newly solved conceptually zbraních.Vývoj, production and testing were several hundred thousand crowns.
    The cover was designed specifically for mounting magnifying modules and night vision when used with a collimator mounted on nadpažbí. It is also possible mounting sights on the cover of the return system. Housing reversal mechanism interface MIL-STD 1913 only slightly increases the size of weapons design and is designed so that its installation was without any weapon modifications. It is made of high strength aluminum alloys in combination with steel parts. The surface is hard anodized in black. The weapon is securely attached and free will, using the original and the clamping mechanism
    The cover was designed specifically for mounting magnifying modules and night vision when used with a collimator mounted on nadpažbí. It is also possible mounting sights on the cover of the return system. Housing reversal mechanism interface MIL-STD 1913 only slightly increases the size of weapons design and is designed so that its installation was without any weapon modifications. It is made of high strength aluminum alloys in combination with steel parts. The surface is hard anodized in black. The weapon is securely attached and free will, using the original clamping mechanism and is easily and quickly removable. Of course there is compliance with the alignment bar on nadpažbí and does not restrict the use of fixed sights. The design allows the use of sliding sights.
    At the same time quickly and easily removable. Of course there is compliance with the alignment bar on nadpažbí and does not restrict the use of fixed sights. The design allows the use of sliding sights.
    This is the best part of the upgrade, which was invented for the SA58. This part of the gun has moved significantly beyond its useful life.

Více zde: http://www.sa58.cz/products/duralovy...ne-v-cervenci/

And, in order to remain "on topic", in this vendors thread...; where the h*ll is the Canadian version of this..? We HAVE to run almost as many VZ's as the Czech's, and we STILL can't get good sh*t, for reasonable $$$'s, like this...

END RANT...

<SIGH>..
    Last edited by Doc911; 02-20-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: need to stay OT, on the owners thread.
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A couple of quick questions if I may:

Do most AR mags (esp the metal ones) "drop free" when these units are installed?

Are the RRA (and similar) AR-15 10 rounders long enough to protrude out of the conversion unit? ( Comparing my mags to the picture, it looks like they would protrude a bit, hence my asking about if all/most mags you've tested "drop free"). Otherwise, I fear having to have enough grasping surface to yank them out

I guess that wouldn't be a problem if the couplers/stackers are used, however. Still, can you let us know?

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    A couple of quick questions if I may:

Do most AR mags (esp the metal ones) "drop free" when these units are installed?

Are the RRA (and similar) AR-15 10 rounders long enough to protrude out of the conversion unit? ( Comparing my mags to the picture, it looks like they would protrude a bit, hence my asking about if all/most mags you've tested "drop free"). Otherwise, I fear having to have enough grasping surface to yank them out

I guess that wouldn't be a problem if the couplers/stackers are used, however. Still, can you let us know?
    Here's my experience when testing a small sample of magazines with the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter:

- good mil spec quality USGI 30 round magazines drop freely and easily (my Colt, Adventure Line, and Labelle magazines work perfectly). They function perfectly. These are my preferred magazines I use with my M16 and AR-15s.

- Two LAR-15 10 round magazines work as well as my good USGI 30 round mags (shooting, activating the bolt catch, and dropping freely). Yes, the LAR magazine protrudes from the magazine well. I don't have the rifle in front of me, but going from memory the magazine protrudes approximately an inch from the adapter.

- my out of spec USGI 30 round magazines did not drop freely (Okay Industries and Sanchez - some of these contract runs by these manufacturers are known to be problem magazines and won't drop freely in my M16 or AR-15s). They were reliable during shooting, but must be pulled from the adapter.

- P-mag will not fit/function without without taking a few minutes with a file and removing plastic in areas that rub. Once I took a file to them, they work perfectly. I do not recommend doing this to P-mags as you may shorten their lifespan? The P-Mags will not fit in my M16. I haven't tried the P-mags in my AR-15s - never thought about trying them until writing this information.

- E-mag may fit and function, but I've not tried it yet. I've ordered some E-mags and will probably test next week.

- an old 20 round Vietnam era magazine does not fit nor function well. I only have one, so I don't know if all of them are like this? It also causes feeding issues in my M16. Even so, I think 20 round Vietnam era magazines may not work with the mag well adapter.

- Thermolds do not fit/function

- Norinco AR-15 manufactured magazines do not fit/function.

- Israeli Orlites do not fit/function

- A new production 30 round aluminum magazine from Brownells does not activate the bolt catch. Beautiful mag, but appears to be out of spec?

- The Korean Beta C Mag fits nicely, but a small amount of plastic on the magazine body must be filed to prevent rubbing/pushing up on the bolt catch. Haven't had a chance to shoot with the Beta C Mag, but it appears that it would cycle fine after the modification.

In my opinion, it was absolutely necessary for the mag well adapter to fit and function with USGI 30 round mags for the US market and 10 round LAR-15 mags for the Canadian market. CSA tried to achieve reliability with as many types of magazines as possible. But, there is only so much room in the 5.56x45 vz.58 magazine well for the adapter. As we had come to find during testing, there are quite a few dimensional differences among M16/AR-15 magazines.

Thanks,
    Dan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Who carries these? I called a few shops and nobody has them or have not received them. I thought these shipped out 2 weeks ago?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CSA-North Sylva View Post
    Here's my experience when testing a small sample of magazines with the CSA AR-15 mag well adapter:

- good mil spec quality USGI 30 round magazines drop freely and easily (my Colt, Adventure Line, and Labelle magazines work perfectly). They function perfectly. These are my preferred magazines I use with my M16 and AR-15s.

- Two LAR-15 10 round magazines work as well as my good USGI 30 round mags (shooting, activating the bolt catch, and dropping freely). Yes, the LAR magazine protrudes from the magazine well. I don't have the rifle in front of me, but going from memory the magazine protrudes approximately an inch from the adapter.

- my out of spec USGI 30 round magazines did not drop freely (Okay Industries and Sanchez - some of these contract runs by these manufacturers are known to be problem magazines and won't drop freely in my M16 or AR-15s). They were reliable during shooting, but must be pulled from the adapter.

- P-mag will not fit/function without without taking a few minutes with a file and removing plastic in areas that rub. Once I took a file to them, they work perfectly. I do not recommend doing this to P-mags as you may shorten their lifespan? The P-Mags will not fit in my M16. I haven't tried the P-mags in my AR-15s - never thought about trying them until writing this information.

- E-mag may fit and function, but I've not tried it yet. I've ordered some E-mags and will probably test next week.

- an old 20 round Vietnam era magazine does not fit nor function well. I only have one, so I don't know if all of them are like this? It also causes feeding issues in my M16. Even so, I think 20 round Vietnam era magazines may not work with the mag well adapter.

- Thermolds do not fit/function

- Israeli Orlites do not fit/function

- A new production 30 round aluminum magazine from Brownells does not activate the bolt catch. Beautiful mag, but appears to be out of spec?

- The Korean Beta C Mag fits nicely, but a small amount of plastic on the magazine body must be filed to prevent rubbing/pushing up on the bolt catch. Haven't had a chance to shoot with the Beta C Mag, but it appears that it would cycle fine after the modification.

In my opinion, it was absolutely necessary for the mag well adapter to fit and function with USGI 30 round mags for the US market and 10 round LAR-15 mags for the Canadian market. CSA tried to achieve reliability with as many types of magazines as possible. But, there is only so much room in the 5.56x45 vz.58 magazine well for the adapter. As we had come to find during testing, there are quite a few dimensional differences among M16/AR-15 magazines.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Thank you so much for the nicely detailed answers! It's great to have a heads up on the fit/function of the aftermarket mags out there prior to a potential conversion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Nice work Dan;

For our Canadian market, the only mags you need to worry about is the 10 round pistol mags. Anyone who pays for a conversion is planning to use these magazines.

One other thing you should try;
    How about loading a 10 round pistol mag through the top of the gun, with a 10 round stripper clip?

Quote Originally Posted by CSA-North Sylva View Post

I have tested 3 types of mags in mine (the gen 1 adapter if that matters).

-Coupled LAR-15 as stated above work great (fit, drop free, and function)
    -Norinco Mags I have fit and drop free, but I have not tested function
    -Lancer L5AWM Advanced Warfighter Magazine fits, but does not drop free (I have not tried to rectify this any way yet, as I'm not overly bothered by it). I have not test fired the rifle with these mags yet.

Thanks,

Ben
    Last edited by mspben; 02-22-2012 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    How about loading a 10 round pistol mag through the top of the gun, with a 10 round stripper clip?
    Interested to know the answer myself.

BANNED
    damnit I might have to get a cz now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Nice work Dan;

For our Canadian market, the only mags you need to worry about is the 10 round pistol mags. Anyone who pays for a conversion is planning to use these magazines.

Unfortunately, 5.56 clips are quite different and cannot be used with the vz.58 bolt carrier. I don't see an easy way (nor inexpensive) to create a guide for 5.56 clips.

Dan