Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

Quote Originally Posted by mspben View Post
    I have tested 3 types of mags in mine (the gen 1 adapter if that matters).

-Coupled LAR-15 as stated above work great (fit, drop free, and function)
    -Norinco Mags I have fit and drop free, but I have not tested function
    -Lancer L5AWM Advanced Warfighter Magazine fits, but does not drop free (I have not tried to rectify this any way yet, as I'm not overly bothered by it). I have not test fired the rifle with these mags yet.

Thanks,

Ben
    That's interesting, I couldn't even get the Norinco magazine to lock into place. The magazine I tried was taken directly from the magazine well of a Norinco M4 type rifle. Maybe there are some dimensional differences in Norinco AR-15 magazines? Hard to say. But, it's good to hear that Norinco magazines may fit/function. Just to confirm, magazines will fit the same in both 1st and 2nd generation adapters.

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    One other thing you should try;
    How about loading a 10 round pistol mag through the top of the gun, with a 10 round stripper clip?

Quote Originally Posted by CSA-North Sylva View Post
    Unfortunately, 5.56 clips are quite different and cannot be used with the vz.58 bolt carrier. I don't see an easy way (nor inexpensive) to create a guide for 5.56 clips.

Dan
    If you got a little time and some tools you can ream out a x39 stripper clip to fit in the bolt carrier to use as a guide for the .223 stripper, i just made one, took 3 tries to get it just right and about 10 minutes each, ill see if it functions ok or not tonight, if it does its a pretty easy and free way to do it

So do these work with a cz858 and 7.62x39mm XCR clips?

Quote Originally Posted by CC89 View Post
    So do these work with a cz858 and 7.62x39mm XCR clips?
    No. The CSA AR-15 mag well adapter will only function with CSA 5.56x45 rifles.

Dan

have these landed anywhere yet, ready for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by mullet maniac View Post
    have these landed anywhere yet, ready for sale?
    I would contact a CSA stocking dealer for availability. If they do not have it, they can order from North Sylva Co.

Dan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Would you guys ever consider doing a run of the magwell insert in metal?

I like the gen2 and it seems sturdy enough, but I wouldn't mind paying more if not double for a metal one...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3436 View Post
    Would you guys ever consider doing a run of the magwell insert in metal?

I like the gen2 and it seems sturdy enough, but I wouldn't mind paying more if not double for a metal one...
    If purchase orders and price point are where they need to be, then it would be an opportunity CSA would look at.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko832 View Post
    Here's a picture I got off a Czech dealer's website. It has the Gen2 mag adapter, railed dust cover and a new gen hand guard set that isn't yet available. It gives you an idea as to how one can dress up a CSA VZ-58.

Can anyone identify that folding mechanism? Looks like it has the sling plate attached to it. Its thinner and cleaner looking than my current fab folder mechanism. Looks like a nice unit.

Quote Originally Posted by CSA-North Sylva View Post
    In my opinion, it was absolutely necessary for the mag well adapter to fit and function with USGI 30 round mags for the US market and 10 round LAR-15 mags for the Canadian market. CSA tried to achieve reliability with as many types of magazines as possible. But, there is only so much room in the 5.56x45 vz.58 magazine well for the adapter. As we had come to find during testing, there are quite a few dimensional differences among M16/AR-15 magazines.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Wow, I had no idea that there are such size issues with various makers.