Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    my rifle number 560005*c will take one of these mag well adaptors???
    Quote Originally Posted by stormwolf18 View Post
    Rifles with the following serial numbers will require magazine well modification for the mag well adapter:

5600004CA through 5600127CA
    5600008C through 5600089C

I would like to know what modifications are needed.
    With that serial number you should be able to get CSA to cover your machining costs, idk about shipping though, contact North Sylva and they will put you in touch with who to send it to, i think they were installing a free mag adapter with the machining too if i remember right, might be only for people who bought the gen 1 though

and IIRC the modifications were widening the top half of the mag well at the front, there wasnt enough room for the adapter to fit with enough meat on it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    take 2 minutes with a dremel to clearance the inside of the receiver so the bolt stop will fit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    With that serial number you should be able to get CSA to cover your machining costs, idk about shipping though, contact North Sylva and they will put you in touch with who to send it to, i think they were installing a free mag adapter with the machining too if i remember right, might be only for people who bought the gen 1 though

and IIRC the modifications were widening the top half of the mag well at the front, there wasnt enough room for the adapter to fit with enough meat on it
    The free CSA offer for machining receivers in that range expired end of may

LAR 15 mags getting trashed

I've installed the magwell adapter and went out for my first trip to the range with the gun. Load up an LAR 15 mag and go. Great fun!
    After a few runs through the firearm, the bolt block stopped working or the bolt would stop, but only by hitting the follower. There is a dent in the LAR 15's plastic follower where the bolt block is supposed to hit, and a gouge on the top of the follower. Anyone else have this problem?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Yes I have the exact same problem as described above. I am not sure if it is because the follower on the lar mag sucks or if the bolt catch tab that the follower engages is too small.

I will try to fill the dented follower with some jb weld or epoxy to see if it strengthens it

I also noticed that the lar follower tilts and doesnt engage the bolt catch

I have not used any other mags, so don't know if the problem is isolated to just lar mags or if it happens with all mags

I just finished installing a gen two magwell adapter and IMHO what a piece of cra* you dont need failures like this, the ZOMBIES will get you

when is gen 3 metal version coming?!!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by voi0005 View Post
    I just finished installing a gen two magwell adapter and IMHO what a piece of cra* you dont need failures like this, the ZOMBIES will get you
    Agreed 1000000000000000%. Useless.....

I hope you guys and gals find this related.

I have been trying to get my head around the whole adapter approach, and why this was the best Idea that could be engineered. So, then I was curious as to how CZ was developing their new LE and Military firearm products pertaining to magazines. What I found is very forward thinking on the part of CZ. The following is an excerpt from the "Modern Firearms" website and their review of the CZ 805.

"" Feed is from detachable box magazines, which are inserted into detachable magazine housing. In standard configuration, the CZ 805 will use proprietary 5.56x45 caliber 30-round magazines made of translucent polymer. Other magazine housings will allow use of STANAG or HK G36 5.56mm magazines, as well as various 7.62x39 and 6.8x43 magazines "".

Here is the link for those who wish to read the entire review. Note: zoom into the photos and you can see the "two part feed assembly". Sorry I don't know what else to call it so I'm coining that phrase. I would also like to point out that the detachable magazine housing appears to be plastic, as well. What I truly find funny is did CZ take our adapter design and incorporate it into their new product or is it the reverse.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/chex/cz-05-e.html

In conclusion I'm feeling a bit better about the whole adapter approach. However, I'm still not feeling the plastic yet. Anyways, I hope you all found this somewhat useful.

*Note I have only referenced CZ as CSA LE and Military firearms are unknown to me.
    NFA member

I have a plastic one and like it just fine. That said if a metal one were to come out I would likely upgrade.