Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 22lr conversions

I don't see the point in getting a .22 conversion for the 858, with 7.62x39 being still somewhat cheap. I mean if one cannot afford 7.62x39mm, then this might me the wrong hobby.
    I know that rimfire mags have an unlimited capacity, but now with the new magwell adapters for 858s we can use legal 10 rnd XCR pistol mags.
    Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by cz52 View Post
    I don't see the point in getting a .22 conversion for the 858, with 7.62x39 being still somewhat cheap. I mean if one cannot afford 7.62x39mm, then this might me the wrong hobby.
    I know that rimfire mags have an unlimited capacity, but now with the new magwell adapters for 858s we can use legal 10 rnd XCR pistol mags.
    Just because you can afford 762X39 doesn't mean saving $190 per 1500 rounds isn't a good thing. It would also be nice to go to the range with my CZ and not have to go through my corrosive ammo cleaning ritual.

A 22LR conversion kit would mean a lot more training for me.

This is the 1st I have heard of the conversion...seems pretty logical to me. It would probably be a pain in the a*s to switch back and forth but Ill wait til NS chimes in with the actual details...I cant speak for the rest but I betting bfiles has an itchy trigger finger just waiting to hear about this conversion.....but until then ...fight, fight, fight, fight.....it makes for more humorous reading

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    I've owned my cz 858 for abit now, and i've done all the upgrades etc to is, the one thing i learned from all of it is, don't mess with a platform that works.

Buy a 10/22 for your 22 plinking.

To add, to those that say its training that they want it for, i wonder how do you train with 22lr compaired to 7.62x39, since 22lr has alot more drop then the regular round does.
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

CGN Regular
    The whole "cant do .22 in a .30 barrel" is hilarious. All you engineering whizs should let Ceiner, Lage, FN, HK, Enfield etc... know that the 308/9mm conversions they've built for decades can't possibly work.

Just one of many examples: http://www.22lrconversions.com/ak-pg.htm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natesfitness View Post
    Just because you can afford 762X39 doesn't mean saving $190 per 1500 rounds isn't a good thing. It would also be nice to go to the range with my CZ and not have to go through my corrosive ammo cleaning ritual.

A 22LR conversion kit would mean a lot more training for me.
    ditto on that exact paragraph. No hard cleaning/ cleaning at all and can pop off thousands of rnds in one outing.

Yes I can afford lots of 762x39 ammo if I want, but sometimes it is nice to just shoot of some cheap and fun .22lr.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtWhat View Post
    This is the 1st I have heard of the conversion...seems pretty logical to me. It would probably be a pain in the a*s to switch back and forth but Ill wait til NS chimes in with the actual details...I cant speak for the rest but I betting bfiles has an itchy trigger finger just waiting to hear about this conversion.....but until then ...fight, fight, fight, fight.....it makes for more humorous reading
    fvcking guy. keep instagating it even more. Nah, there is no bad blood. I just didnt get that much sleep that day and took it out on some good cgn'ers when I should have relaxed more first.

Well it seems there IS a .22lr kit ready tp go already for the .223 & 762x39.
    ####, maybe i do know what the #### i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes there is a barrel liner for them, take a look in the red rifles section and you will see the new thread titled vz 58/ cz .22lr conversion.
    i rest my case, oh wait, case closed!!!

http://www.puskar.cz/

Just for all the none believers

OMFG it is for the 762x39. Not one single mention of it being used with the .223

s**t

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Wow it's got a .22 barrel liner and chamber.....who Knew?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast