Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VanIsler View Post
    Not true. It's a 540 variant dated before the 550.
    Sorry, the Sig550 in Swiss Service is the STG-90 (Assault Rifle 90), the civillian version is the PE-90 (Personal or Civillian Rifle 90) - same gun, in Switzerland the joy is button normally rather temporarily removed, to allow for reconversion if necessary - easily spotted by the metal 'flag' cover on the receiver. Current factory semi auto guns are also PE90, but they are semi-auto 550's. What we get in Canada is NOT a 550, or any subsequent version. That's where the 540 comes in, our guns are closer (but not identical to) the 540 - they are not sold anywhere else in the world, the PE 90 is. Kind of explains the price tag, huh?
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Sorry, the Sig550 in Swiss Service is the STG-90 (Assault Rifle 90), the civillian version is the PE-90 (Personal or Civillian Rifle 90) - same gun, in Switzerland the joy is button normally rather temporarily removed, to allow for reconversion if necessary - easily spotted by the metal 'flag' cover on the receiver. Current factory semi auto guns are also PE90, but they are semi-auto 550's. What we get in Canada is NOT a 550, or any subsequent version. That's where the 540 comes in, our guns are closer (but not identical to) the 540 - they are not sold anywhere else in the world, the PE 90 is. Kind of explains the price tag, huh?
    Got it. Nice of them to provide us with a Canada friendly option. Wish we could just order normal PE-90s would be less confusing.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    ...Current factory semi auto guns are also PE90, but they are semi-auto 550's. What we get in Canada is NOT a 550, or any subsequent version. That's where the 540 comes in, our guns are closer (but not identical to) the 540 - they are not sold anywhere else in the world, the PE 90 is. Kind of explains the price tag, huh?

It's funny how they (Swiss Arms & Sig Sauer) use the same PE prefix in the serial numbers for the PE-90, SIG Sport 550 and the different "Canadian only" rifles...

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Justin View Post
    SAN is not selling the 553-US lowers in any way but complete.
    Any chance on being able to order one of these? I called in and inquired a few times and I keep leaving my information with Stefan. What is the turn around time?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer popcan's Avatar
    By way of comparison, what is the cost of an NEA complete lower for SA with stock and all, vs the SAN US lower at 2K?
    Visit my photography website - warrenklowe.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by popcan View Post
    By way of comparison, what is the cost of an NEA complete lower for SA with stock and all, vs the SAN US lower at 2K?
    Both lowers $$$ can vary with your choice of stock and if you put the DDLES stock adapter on your SAN lower.

Quote Originally Posted by popcan View Post
    Roughly:

NEA Lower - $500
    SAN LPK - $500-600 (Unless you swap your own)
    Labour - ?$ (Unless you do it your self)
    Buffer Tube - $20-30
    Stock - $40 - $200+

So your looking at about a difference of $600-700 roughly assuming you don't swap your own SAN LPK into the NEA Lower. This does not include shipping, HST, duties ,ect. Plus the cost of the actual stock which can range from a standard $40 to a $200 Troy/Magpul, ect.

Besides cost, your going to have to wait (I'm guessing about a year if not more) a while to get the SAN Lower, while the NEA is available to get now.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We already have them on "order", but available 2012 probably means 2013.

JR
    Just imagine what a happy place the world would be if your order was for a hybrid carbine - 553US lower and 18.6" Carbine upper.
    Piss off a Liberal, Buy a gun!

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    Any chance on being able to order one of these? I called in and inquired a few times and I keep leaving my information with Stefan. What is the turn around time?
    He's waiting to hear back on availability from Swiss Arms.

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
    Just imagine what a happy place the world would be if your order was for a hybrid carbine - 553US lower and 18.6" Carbine upper.
    I'm just trying to imagine a place where I can place an order for one of these lowers and get it in a reasonable time frame.

This is what was posted on the 10th of Jan 2012:
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Justin View Post
    The 553-US Complete Lower's are available to order at this time, delivery looking at about 3-4 months. Black is the only colour option available, includes the standard folding SAN stock.

Retail will be $1999+GST each.
    When I phoned in, credit card in hand ready to order, I was told by Stephan there was no availability and I could be waiting up to a YEAR!

WTF mate?! What's the story?