Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

I'm pretty sure the rifle in the original post is prohibited( since its a variant of the sig 550) that's why there is only talk of the lowers so we can use them on Swiss arms black/green special/CQB so they can take ar 15 mags

I'm pretty sure the rifle in the original post is prohibited( since its a variant of the sig 550) that's why there is only talk of the lowers so we can use them on Swiss arms black/green special/CQB so they can take ar 15 mags

Under Canadian law it's the lower that would be prohibited, no? People in the thread asked about complete rifles and no one was told it was prohib.

In the Swiss Arms family, the upper is the registered component. The lower is just another part.

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. So how would I get the same 'look', 553-US lower, and then a black special cqb upper? Or are there any other uppers that are black and have the same look.

Talk on US forums suggets that this is just a SIG 556 lower mated to a SIG 553 upper. Then the talk dies... I wonder if SIG ran into some serious issues manufacturing these and just cut off all communication and hoped it would go away. I hope not.. but it sure seems this way.

I called CFO office in BC and they transfer me to the RCMP lab
They told me the lower has the mag wall and trigger group so it's prohibited
Even it don't have the serial number. I am not sure if te person don't know want she was taking about
or it's really the prohibited device ....

I called CFO office in BC and they transfer me to the RCMP lab
They told me the lower has the mag wall and trigger group so it's prohibited
Even it don't have the serial number. I am not sure if te person don't know want she was taking about
or it's really the prohibited device ....

If there is no serial # on the lower im gonna have to asume she didnt know what she was talking about. Anyone that is more in the know, feel free to correct me if they think im wrong

If there is no serial # on the lower im gonna have to asume she didnt know what she was talking about. Anyone that is more in the know, feel free to correct me if they think im wrong

With sig rifles, the upper is considered the firearm. So the lower may not have a number?

That's excaly I told her. That don't have serial number
And she told me it has trigger group and mag wall together and
It's for the "55x" which prohibited by name so it's prohibited

If any chance anyone else can call them again and transfer to the RCMP lab to talk to the tech
To clear this out?

Stupid question TSE Justin and I don't expect a straight answer BUT could such a unit or similar, on a custom order and in carbine mode, be made and sold in a non restricted platform.

I know, i'm dreaming but had to ask :)

Yes, Yes and YES. This is what I want too, the carbine with a factory made 18.5" barrel and STANAG lower. How many would you need to order have Swiss arms do this for you?

Basically this but made at the factory with STANAG lower. Possible?
SG551.jpg

Back
Top Bottom