Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

The 553-US Complete Lower's are available to order at this time, delivery looking at about 3-4 months. Black is the only colour option available, includes the standard folding SAN stock.

Retail will be $1999+GST each.

Any word on what an upper will cost? Certainly the upper would cost more than the lower and now we would be WAY over the price of a new complete rifle. Why so much?

Also, any possibility of the lower with no stock?

The 553-US Complete Lower's are available to order at this time, delivery looking at about 3-4 months. Black is the only colour option available, includes the standard folding SAN stock.

Retail will be $1999+GST each.

Whats the price on the complete US lower version?

Whats the price on the complete US lower version?

That is the complete US lower version? Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking for.

angryeyebrows; The standard SAN lower complete is approximately $1300+GST, but this is stamped vs. the billet 553-US lower. Volume of production also dictates their pricing... they mentioned they require an approximate 2 month lead time to do runs of lowers...

I have been eyeing a swiss for a while. the nea lower didn't appeal to me as much due to it requiring a different stock. if you can put the new lower on a nonrestricted upper fo 4kish i would buy one for sure. (otherwise I can't see putting 2 k on top of a 3k(used) gun).

thanks luke

The standard SAN lower complete is approximately $1300+GST, but this is stamped vs. the billet 553-US lower. Volume of production also dictates their pricing... they mentioned they require an approximate 2 month lead time to do runs of lowers...

Still $600 dollars more per unit it pretty crazy. Who are they even marketing these for? I can't imagine the LE department that would choose a $4000+ dollar Sig over a $1500 G36.

So what is the complete gun gonna cost? I assume all the uppers are very close to the same price.

That is the complete US lower version? Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking for.

angryeyebrows; The standard SAN lower complete is approximately $1300+GST, but this is stamped vs. the billet 553-US lower. Volume of production also dictates their pricing... they mentioned they require an approximate 2 month lead time to do runs of lowers...

When you say complete does that also mean grip, trigger group, and mag release?

zuppermann how are you getting 3500? are you counting on getting a grand for your old lower?

You're right, it's gonna cost more than that:(

Although if there is a market for the HK mr 223's (they start at about 4k's)--albeit a small one, they'll be a market for these too I suppose.

I'd still seriously look at it provided I can sell/trade something off towards it.

Still $600 dollars more per unit it pretty crazy. Who are they even marketing these for? I can't imagine the LE department that would choose a $4000+ dollar Sig over a $1500 G36.

So what is the complete gun gonna cost? I assume all the uppers are very close to the same price.
I would imagine Europe, as Sig USA has their Sig556.
Yes, the quoted price is the complete ready to go lower.

Their uppers are in the $2000-$3000 range depending on features/bbls/etc.

We're exploring other routes with the lower, including possibly the stripped lower to save people $800 odd on the trigger pack and folding stock.

Last edited:
2k for a new lower is bloody ridiculous. I quite like the SAN rifle and have had the opportunity to shoot them enough to say I would like to own one. But frankly for $2000 you can get a fantastic AR, or a couple more bucks gets me a XCR or SL8 as pointed out. Not to mention the tricked out M305 or even original Springfield.
I don't see the quality or the complexity there that would justify such a price. Feel free to tell me that I don't have to buy one if I don't want to, but I would like to. But someone somewhere is gouging the sh*t out of this thing, and if it isn't SAN or TSE then they need to find new subs.
$1200 maybe 1400 tops and that is what most people would say.

tse If you could prove or at least feel out interest in a complete rifle (non restricted would be most popular i think) what would the minimum #'s be to get san interested in a small run? 100? 200? 1000? I would gladly pay a premium on a new rifle that comes with the new lower say 3500(normal) - 800 to a 1000 for factory lower + 1200 for new style lower would be 3700-3900.

is that completely out of line? 3500+- for a rifle and 1200 for the lower (stripped as previousily mentioned) is still pushing 5 and leaves me with a lower that i don't need or want, I suppose you could sell it but a few dozen guys all doing the same thing would hurt the price I would think.

if I am out to lunch don't hold back, I have been waiting for just such a beast and was considering contacting nea to make just such a thing. then I saw the new lower in sans catalouge and found this thread, it looks like the cats ass but at much above high 3's I wouldn't justify it. maybe thats just me though.

Our prices are approximately 5-10% above Swiss Arm's own MSRP in Swiss Francs. It's 1.00CHF to 1.07CAD. We aren't gouging anyone. Our price reflects Swiss Arms' price.

As I mentioned, we are exploring other options for this lower.

I was not accusing you of raising prices or gouging.

You guys are doing a lot of work with the swiss stuff. I would pay 15-20% more for these guns (especially the sapr 7.62 if it pans out)
from what I understand this lower comes in two forms 553 complete price unknown(to me)and the new lower by itself price 2k as mentioned.

I understand you are looking at a stripped lower. I was wondering if you said to san I want "x" amount of 551's(or pe90 if thats the wrong number) set up with the new lower from factory would the price still be the price of a new rifle plus 2k for the lower or the price of a new rifle plus say a premium(less then the 1200 for a stripped lower or ovbiousilly there is no point). I find the complete rifle ready to rock with the new lower more attractive then ending up with a factory stripped lower sitting in my garage. Maybe san could care less about some guy from canada and the options that you listed are all we are gonna get, I am cool with that I was just asking.

I was not accusing you of gouging. I was asking if it was within your power to ask san to put the lower on a batch of complete rifles(non restricted) from the word go. maybe that would result in a cheaper overall price maybe not. maybe you have gone over all these scenarios already, maybe not. I am just asking. I am assuming you guys have some relationship with san as you mention kinda putting them onto this idea via nea's lower.

cheers keep up the good work

Back
Top Bottom