Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

any updates ?

Quote Originally Posted by ricka2 View Post
    any updates ?
    +1

How much for the complete rifle in the original post, I know it was discussed before but no hard numbers on uppers, would like a cqb length 9-14"?. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kanwar88; 01-03-2013 at 08:22 AM.

I'm pretty sure the rifle in the original post is prohibited( since its a variant of the sig 550) that's why there is only talk of the lowers so we can use them on Swiss arms black/green special/CQB so they can take ar 15 mags

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb314 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rifle in the original post is prohibited( since its a variant of the sig 550) that's why there is only talk of the lowers so we can use them on Swiss arms black/green special/CQB so they can take ar 15 mags
    Under Canadian law it's the lower that would be prohibited, no? People in the thread asked about complete rifles and no one was told it was prohib.

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar

Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

Quote Originally Posted by Kanwar88 View Post
    Under Canadian law it's the lower that would be prohibited, no? People in the thread asked about complete rifles and no one was told it was prohib.
    In the Swiss Arms family, the upper is the registered component. The lower is just another part.

Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    In the Swiss Arms family, the upper is the registered component. The lower is just another part.
    Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. So how would I get the same 'look', 553-US lower, and then a black special cqb upper? Or are there any other uppers that are black and have the same look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanwar88 View Post
    Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. So how would I get the same 'look', 553-US lower, and then a black special cqb upper? Or are there any other uppers that are black and have the same look.
    X2, I'd also like one of these

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Talk on US forums suggets that this is just a SIG 556 lower mated to a SIG 553 upper. Then the talk dies... I wonder if SIG ran into some serious issues manufacturing these and just cut off all communication and hoped it would go away. I hope not.. but it sure seems this way.

any news on these ?

Hey TSE what do your contacts say about this. I was under the impressions you had orders in? True, not?
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi