Sponsoring Business
Just thought i would share this one.!

2012 Ruger American Rifle

looks like four calibers 243, 308,270 and 3006

Has an adjustable trigger, rotary clip :dancingbanana:

You can look on Rugers website now to see details

Going to put ruger in the mix for entry level rifles

Travis

Checked out the video link provided above, and that gun shoots real nice. The profile of the bolt and 70 degree "throw" resembles a Tikka, and the trigger (as mentioned) resembles the Savage accu-trigger, and the safety is like a Browning A Bolt. Stock looks alright. It was interesting to see the shooter in the video clip shooting left hand. Hopefully they will produce a left hand bolt. I like the recoil pad too. Personally, I prefer a hinged floor plate, but a clip is better then an internal box magazine. So and extra clip would be necessary, cause I've misplaced a few over the years. While the price, and accuracy is acceptable, the only thing that would make this more to my liking would be a McMillian stock like this: http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-hunting-stock-list.php?subnav=branch2f The Ruger Mark II Hunter has a Monte Carlo cheekpiece and a palm swell. It also has a small amount of cast off and cant, which makes for easier target acquisition. The forend of this stock is very narrow and will take up to a #4 Douglas barrel contour with a short barrel cylinder. The stock is available in right and left hand. For MK II actions only. If Ruger made a deal with the above mentioned stock company, and, produced it in left hand; And, even if they charged a few more nickles and dimes for it. I'd be in like flint...!

Last edited:
Ruger makes a very good quality firearm for a reasonable price. I would like one of these in 270, but.....I just wish they would work on satisying production demands on 1 new model at a time. How long of a wait will there be on this one? Would the bolt actions be made at the Newport plant?

That clip looks like it works like the battery door on tv remotes and other electronics and those break so easily.

I was thinking the same thing. That and I bet it would be a pain to remove with gloved hands as well. Although I really do like the 3 bolt-lug design.

Back
Top Bottom