DSR-1 Rifles are back!

redleg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Finally back in production and available in Canada. For those that had rifles on order they will be here in 30 days or so.

Last edited:
having shot a couple of these rifles I can honestly say they are the single finest rifles I've ever shot. If I could afford one (or more) I'd definitely have one. If you can afford one, buy it, you won't regret it.

Will you be getting any that will be equiped with hensoldt scopes?. Are all of the ones ariving spoken for?. Which of the accessories will you be stocking?. And finally, what is the dfference between the tactical and the sport version?.

Thanks, Brian

Well, I do have my "demo rifle" in .338LM not spoken for. It will have a hensholdt 3-12 x 56 SSG-P scope factory mounted on it.

The difference between the "Sport" and the "Tactical" is in the finish: When you order a Sport, you may get a plain stainless barrel and all the bits may not be subdued. However the Tactical has been "subdued" and has the barrel "blackened".

As far as accessories, we probably won't be stocking too many as they are REALLY REALLY expensive. But given our new, improved relationship with DSR, I am thinking that getting in bits and pieces will be a quick thing.

JR

The "demo rifle" is it a tactical version?. When I was in germany I saw and handled one in 338 and was quite impressed. However this one had a hendsolt scope but both the rifle and scope were coated with a desert camo. It was a special coating that was baked on by the factory prior to assembly of both the scope and rifle. Is this coating still available? or is it military only? and if it is available what would be the cost of a rifle and scope with the camo coating?.

Thanks, Brian

Brian46 said:
The "demo rifle" is it a tactical version?. When I was in germany I saw and handled one in 338 and was quite impressed. However this one had a hendsolt scope but both the rifle and scope were coated with a desert camo. It was a special coating that was baked on by the factory prior to assembly of both the scope and rifle. Is this coating still available? or is it military only? and if it is available what would be the cost of a rifle and scope with the camo coating?.

Thanks, Brian

Camo coatings are available but add about $1000 to the price of the rifle, and take an extra 4-6 months for delivery.

redleg said:
Camo coatings are available but add about $1000 to the price of the rifle, and take an extra 4-6 months for delivery.

Actually it's $1200 extra for the rifle and $300 for the scope. I just finished quoting someone... Pretty pricey...

The "Demo Rifle" we have on order is a "Sporting" model.

JR

I have only seen the desert camo and would like to know what other colors are available?. If you could provide samples that would be the best. Which models of the hendsolt scopes are available with the camo for the 338 Lapua caliber?.

Thanks, Brian

here's the catalog...
http://www.amp-ts.com/download/DSR_engl.pdf

this is the regular version that i've seen up at PoCo
dsr01.jpg

i'm assuming this is the blacken'ed version
dsr1_subsonic.jpg

Thanks for the link, But I am interested in finding out what colors of camo are available and maybe some samples. I have looked all over their web page and have not found any mention of it.

Brian

Last edited:
Brian46 said:
Thanks for the link, But I am interested in finding out what colors of camo are available and maybe some samples. I have looked all over their web page and have not found any mention of it.

Brian

They can pretty much do anything you want, it is after all a custom touch. The desert finish looked the best of the ones I saw.

Same deal with the scope. You choose the model, pay lots and wait a long time for the finished product.

Last edited:
Are there 2 mags on that? I'm a little confused. It's a bullpup so I assume the mag is behind the grip, but it looks like there is one ahead of the trigger also.

Rubikahn said:
Are there 2 mags on that? I'm a little confused. It's a bullpup so I assume the mag is behind the grip, but it looks like there is one ahead of the trigger also.
That is a spare mag that is in front of the grip

Brain46,
If you're going to get a rifle like that, you don't want it to be camo.
Would you buy a ferrari and paint it to match the colour of the road? :D
It's all about the "Bling". :cool:

Maybe some day.
You know what I hate about the internet. Finding stuff that I didn't know I had to have. I was fine until I see rifles like this. :D

Back
Top Bottom