Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger SR.1911 pistols -- Delivery Report

BANNED
    Me too.
    I had 4 popcorn bags, i'm at the last one

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    In all fairness the OP came out on a Sat. Pretty sure most dist. don't work weekends like retailers.

EPP better be contacting their Dist. on Monday to clear their name.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

BANNED
    Epps, whats the word?

CGN Regular
    Epps just got owned in their own thread :D !

Update: 16 January 2012

It seems that our Ruger distributor has had the SR.1911 on back order from the manufacturer since February of 2011. We have had numerous orders in place, and have been repeatedly assured that these guns had not been delivered to ANY Canadian warehouses due to the production incidents reported above. However, as our manager, Wes, only recently discovered while attending the SHOT Show in Las Vegas this week, at least one Canadian distributor HAS received the SR.1911 pistols.

For reasons unknown to us, the reports concerning delays on delivery have been passed down over and over again by both the manufacturer and distributor of these pistols, yet as evidenced by the photos some of you have posted, these guns have actually arrived in Canada. We at Ellwood Epps would like to apologize for the error in our original statement concerning availability on the SR.1911.

As noted, Wes is at the SHOT Show this week, and is attending a meeting with Ruger and our Canadian distributor to determine the cause of this miscommunication. As well, he is working to establish a definite delivery timeframe for the back orders that we do have in place.

For those customer who have outstanding orders for the Ruger SR.1911, we assure you that we are working to secure these guns and have them delivered to our store as quickly as possible.

Again, Ellwood Epps apologizes for the miscommunication and error in reporting non-delivery of the Ruger SR.1911 pistols into Canada. For those of you who do have these guns already, we hope that you will post reports on their performance as soon as you are able. And for those of you who are still awaiting delivery, we will contact you as soon as the guns arrive in our store and are ready for each of you to take possession.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

got one!!!

I live in BC and had one on order for ~9 months. I received a call a couple of weeks ago from my dealer saying he had my SR1911 in! Excitement?! More like rapture!!! I was told I had one of the first SR1911's imported into Canada.

I've read a lot about them - some good some bad some indifferent. It is a beautiful pistol which comes with only the enhancements a modern 1911 should have. Ruger has always provided the shooter with utilitarian benefits and only those that have a function, and not some enhancement for beauty.

BANNED
    my dealer got one sr1911 and i pre bought it for $675 which i thought was an awesome price and a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by picsivore View Post
    I live in BC and had one on order for ~9 months. I received a call a couple of weeks ago from my dealer saying he had my SR1911 in! Excitement?! More like rapture!!! I was told I had one of the first SR1911's imported into Canada.

I've read a lot about them - some good some bad some indifferent. It is a beautiful pistol which comes with only the enhancements a modern 1911 should have. Ruger has always provided the shooter with utilitarian benefits and only those that have a function, and not some enhancement for beauty.
    Lucky duck! Still no word from the BC dealer I ordered from

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    What's the big deal except it's currently in short supply so everyone wants one. It's not like the market isn't flooded with 1911s. Doesn't have ambi safety so turn off for lefties. Nothing like shortage to peak interest.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Smile SR1911- Got mine today!

Received my SR1911 today from Ellwood Epps after waiting 11 months for it. Beautiful pistol and well made,well worth the wait. Going to the range this week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123