SHOT SHOW 2012 - Beretta ARX160A2 Rifle

Interesting, but when I compare it to the industry standard, the AR, it has a lot of excess "bulk" on it.

Perhaps the reasoning is ergonomics? That would be nice if it was, but I have a funny feeling that a lot of these guns coming out recently are made to look cool by an artist then to be ergonomic and space concious.

Just my .02

Made in USA? Well, I guess chances of successfully importing them here just went down considerably....:(

Can we elaborate on how this will affect importation of the ARX160 into Canada? Isn't the ACR (Remington) made in the U.S. as well? I understand it has to do with U.S. export regulations but why if we can get the ACR (among others) imported would U.S. origin present a problem for bringing the ARX across the border? Industry experts, what do you think the odds are of seeing these materialize in Canada?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like losing the folding stock is an option, if you watch the field strip videos the trigger group is released by pressing a detent in the hinge area; the BCG is removed rearward from here as well. I still don't really understand how this is different from the ACR but oh well, I guess ultimately we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.

Beretta actually has someone from Italy at the show. My guess is that the semi auto version is designed at Italy and many parts (like FN products) will be made in Italy.

I will wager that Beretta will have news for a make-in-Italy semi-automatic civilian version for the European civilian market at IWA in March.

I think it's a unique design.... It's some what refreshing to see not just another AR and they're trying to think outside the box... But I think where they've tried to be innovative, they lots a lot of the customization options for the end user. With the AR if there's something you don't like, you can easily replace it with any 1 of the hundreds of companies that make aftermarket parts.... However, with this gun, you can't even customize something as simple as the pistol grip.... I don't know about you guys, but the standard A2 grip on my AR doesn't suit me... And was the first thing to go

That being said.... It is a little ugly.... I'd pass on it, unless someone graciously donated one to me for some long term test and evaluation :)

A few more photos. The lower one has a grenade launcher built in.

DSC_4991.jpg

DSC_4993.jpg

DSC_4994.jpg

The barrel and piston assembly and the bolt carrier assembly are not in the correct relationship to each other in the photos. The shiny piston just above the barrel acts upon the long tang of the bolt carrier.

The barrel assembly comes out amazingly easily. Simply squeeze on the buttons (the black square button just ahead of the mag well) and yank out the barrel forwards.

Back
Top Bottom