Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012: Leupold MK6 1-6x20mm and 3-18x44mm Tactical Optics

EDIT found it... looks like $2200 - $2550 ish USD depending on reticle.

(most likely substantially more in the great white north)

Quote Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
    ...suppressed...AR...hunting...
    with all due respect: F*** you!

:ᚹᛁᚾᛞᚱ:ᛗᚨᚱᚲ:ᛖᛚᛞᚱ:ᚠᛖᛚ:

I will scan and post the image of the reticle when I have the chance.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Thanks for posting CGN has done a much better job covering SHOT than any of the other forums.

Just curious, what impact do you think the Mark 6 1-6 will have on Leupold's sales of its CQBSS - surely this scope will cannibalize some of those sales. Apart from the magnification difference and steep price tag difference both seem similar in terms of features. Also I can't help think that S&B must be a little worried with regard to their recent price hike and where that will leave their 1-4 Short-Dot and potentially their yet to be released 1-8.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat
    or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.
    It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell.

I like the concept of the 6X.

GT, at what magnification do the holdovers become visible/usable?

CGN Regular
    I really like the M5B2. I was just starting to look for a new long range target scope. This with the H58 would be perfect and it will be less than the 4K+ for a S&B or a premier with that reticle. The compact design is sweet.

Thanks for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sititunga View Post
    Thanks for posting CGN has done a much better job covering SHOT than any of the other forums.

Just curious, what impact do you think the Mark 6 1-6 will have on Leupold's sales of its CQBSS - surely this scope will cannibalize some of those sales. Apart from the magnification difference and steep price tag difference both seem similar in terms of features. Also I can't help think that S&B must be a little worried with regard to their recent price hike and where that will leave their 1-4 Short-Dot and potentially their yet to be released 1-8.
    The CQBSS is a $4000+ optic and it is not exportable. The MK6 will be priced significantly lower than $4000. The main difference is that the MK6 does not have locking "pinch" turrent like the CQBSS and the windage knob is capped. You will pretty much use the reticle to do all the ballistic adjustment.

The entities that can afford CQBSS and have absolute need for locking turrent and Horus recticle will continue to buy so. Most of the people can be served by the MK6 in my opinion. I suspect Leupold will be much happier to sell more MK6 than CQBSS - I can imagine the CQBSS is a PITA product to make.

Thanks for the pics Greentips!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The CQBSS is a $4000+ optic and it is not exportable. The MK6 will be priced significantly lower than $4000. The main difference is that the MK6 does not have locking "pinch" turrent like the CQBSS and the windage knob is capped. You will pretty much use the reticle to do all the ballistic adjustment.

The entities that can afford CQBSS and have absolute need for locking turrent and Horus recticle will continue to buy so. Most of the people can be served by the MK6 in my opinion. I suspect Leupold will be much happier to sell more MK6 than CQBSS - I can imagine the CQBSS is a PITA product to make.
    I think they've said that MRSP for the Mk6 1-6 is $1950. Also what do you mean the windage knob is capped?

Price aside, knowing the CQBSS is not exportable kind of makes me want to buy one.

Thanks.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat
    or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.
    It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast