Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012 - TC Dimension / Venture

BANNED
    So basically the two handles work together as a sort of planetary drive to loosen and tighten the barrel.

Looks unnecesarily complicated

I would like to like the dimension, but the stock just reminds me of a savage axis..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    If the Dimension catches on, things could be cool.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilfoolsme View Post
    So basically the two handles work together as a sort of planetary drive to loosen and tighten the barrel.

Looks unnecesarily complicated
    Not really, it's actually very clever. With something like the savage rifles that use a barrel nut in order to screw on the barrel you need a vice to hold the barrel steady, an action wrench to properly headspace the thing, and a barrel nut wrench with a torque wrench to properly torque the thing down.

With that little system looks like they eliminated a need for a gun smithing bench in order to swap barrels; the one handle looks like it's supposed to lock onto the action and keep it steady. The big knob in the second one locks into the first and you rotate that; the teeth on the second rotates the nut.

Depending on the price point, if it hits sub $2000 or so it'll basically be the least expensive multi caliber action rifle on the market. More expensive it starts running into competition. So we'll see how this fares.

But always a good thing to see more and more multi caliber system coming out onto the market.

Sub $2000? I expected sub $1000. Hand tools & doing a barrel/caliber change on the kitchen table = win.

Just over 600 bucks retail for the Dimension

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post

Tools

Barrel take-down with tools

Once the receiver and barrel are removed from the stock, you thread the tool on the right into the underside of the receiver, then use the wrench on the left to loosen the barrel nut.
    The barrel nut has splines or teeth on it to mesh with the wrench tool.
    The tool on the right has two holes in it to accept the cylindrical part of the wrench.

I love the concept, but the demo model had badly damaged threads on the tool that threads into the receiver. This meant that the tool wobbled about, and didnt allow enough leverage on the wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by dewberry View Post
    Just over 600 bucks retail for the Dimension
    Yep, taken from another website:

The Dimension Bolt-Action Platform is available now with an MSRP of $649. Left-hand models are also available at the same price. Accessory barrels have an MSRP of $199 and include the corresponding magazine group. Bolts will have an MSRP of $129 and the Dimension receiver (includes receiver, stock and tools) will have an MSRP of $319. Current pricing allows shooters to purchase one rifle plus another barrel and bolt, essentially making two MOA rifle configurations for under $1,000.

So let me get this straight. If i buy a TC dimension in a "B" caliber barrel, i have to stay in the "B" caliber barrels. f i want a "D" caliber barrel to use on my "B" gun, i cant i have to buy a seperate gun. Correct? or do i own one action and can put any barrel on it, just have to buy the barrel and magazine?
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same. Thats why life is hard.

You want to switch calibres, you get the bolt head, if required, barrel, and magazine if required.
    Same as any other rifle, just made easy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast