Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012 - Robarms XCR-M 308 Rifle

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwcanada View Post
    The chemical bonding process is nearly equal in value to the strong nuclear bonding force inside an atomic nucleus.
    *snicker* Sorry, I couldn't read that without laughing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bear.23's Avatar
    Gees folks there was a smiley on that.. It was a joke..
    Tired, Old, Sore & Cranky... What else is new..

BANNED
    Yeeaaahhhh! love this baby, can't wait till she comes north!

We should be able to buy the stock separately. Hopefully....

[QUOTE=ccwcanada;6672001]Yah it would be nice looking.

There is a user-review on it at xcrforum.com

http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,12633.0.html

and the guy says he'd rate it at about a B-. He says that in the folded configuration the fire-controls are too difficult to access.

I personally don't know why the heck you'd want a folding stock in the first place, or to shoot it like that - so you can look cool spraying from the hip? I don't know, give me a fixed stock any day over a folding one that can f-up on ya.

I like a folding stock ,as my cz-858 has one and it fits nicely in my quad box.Also when out hiking its a nice option also when the going gets tight.my 2 cents?

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    [QUOTE=DIRTBIKEMIKE;6679591]
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwcanada View Post
    Yah it would be nice looking.

There is a user-review on it at xcrforum.com

http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,12633.0.html

and the guy says he'd rate it at about a B-. He says that in the folded configuration the fire-controls are too difficult to access.

I personally don't know why the heck you'd want a folding stock in the first place, or to shoot it like that - so you can look cool spraying from the hip? I don't know, give me a fixed stock any day over a folding one that can f-up on ya.

I like a folding stock ,as my cz-858 has one and it fits nicely in my quad box.Also when out hiking its a nice option also when the going gets tight.my 2 cents?
    Have to agree, other than storage or hiking what good is a folding stock?.... Wait for it... Riddle solved...
    It might just be that the folding stock was built for just those two reasons. Hollywood likes to shoot from the hip, sideways & around objects. If your some kind of 'operator', I doubt you are going to choose an XCR.... I Think this going to be a very nice non restricted hunting rifle in the Canadian market, just as the XCR is...
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

Scribe
    You can't stop here. This is bat country.
    I like a folding stock when practical for storage or packing, exactly as you say.

The ability to fire folded is necessary to me solely because I don't like the idea of being able to get to my gun but not to use it instantly if necessary because of a poorly designed stock. It's not a specific application, but an emergency use.
    Owning is easy; it's doing that's hard. Remember that advice on the internet often comes from people who own things...but are not especially skilled in their use.

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I like a folding stock when practical for storage or packing, exactly as you say.

The ability to fire folded is necessary to me solely because I don't like the idea of being able to get to my gun but not to use it instantly if necessary because of a poorly designed stock. It's not a specific application, but an emergency use.
    Ok, I went & look briefly at the link DIRTBIKEMIKE attached to his post. It appears that this guy's main b!tch is the mag release with the stock folded. So this probably won't interfere with the scenario you mention.
    Judging by that stock I would say that R.A. was thinking more packing than shooting folded. At any rate, I'm sure someone will be coming out with a whole gamut of improvements to fancy everyone's wants...
    Me? I'd prefer a fixed stock, with a correct length of pull (adjustable) on a single point sling.
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

16"and 13" barrels.

Canadian 18.6" barrel

They even made a longer gas system for us! That fine tuning should shoot smoother. Looks good to me.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason