Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012 - Zombies Infestation!

CGN Regular
    I saw that. And I thought , now I seen it all. The battery was almost dead, so hopefully you have a charger handy.

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    again from another website...did you guys see this? i saw a video..the chainsaw actually works.

If you are nameless and hide behind your Avatar, your opinion means nothing!
    All working and no shooting sucks!
    all hail the master class
    anythingmetal.com

CGN frequent flyer
    So much lame in one pile.

Put a zombie on it, raise the price by 30%+ and people will pay.

All I can say is that all that time playing "Fallout New Vegas" paid off
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

Originally Posted by G37
    Probably the most useful piece of zombie kit would be a HEPA mask:

Surprised we haven't seen these yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterPHD View Post
    You probably haven't seen this because it is usless against Zombies. The infected has to bite you, DUH!!. How would a HEPA mask protect you against anything? Looks like you need some Zombie skool'in!!!
    It's not so you don't get turned into a zombie, it's to protect from all the airborne bacteria etc. from the decaying flesh.

I read a bunch of the negative posts, and don't get me wrong as an retired forces member, I'm not into zombie apocalypse. My 'tween aged daughters and there middle and highschool friends on the otherhand are into the theme big time. Given the newest book releases, showtime television series, it has come mainstream. I support and even develop fun shoots for range days with the girls, anything to peak there interests and get the next generation into the shooting sports. The ongoing support for targets and accessories which started from average joes doing it themselves is now growing from the industry can only expand the involvement from the youth of today.

In conclusion I support such events, even though they are a little redneck, if you have another way to inspire the kids to get involved in competitive shooting sports let me know.

Not how I want to be seen as a gun owner, I hunt tasty/ nuisance animals and have fun at the range in a responsible and safe fashion.

All this does is give the antis more fuel for their fire. It is just silly. Leave the zombies in the ill conceived, ill written, ill acted b movies.

Wanna get your kids into hunting and shooting, take them hunting and shooting.

Sad really.

Just my 2 cents, I'll shut up now

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    I'm willing to bet if they made exploding Twilight character targets those would be hot sellers.
    Between Edward and Bella it is a difficult choice.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JAGDMORDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy mcjesus View Post
    Not how I want to be seen as a gun owner, I hunt tasty/ nuisance animals and have fun at the range in a responsible and safe fashion.

All this does is give the antis more fuel for their fire. It is just silly. Leave the zombies in the ill conceived, ill written, ill acted b movies.

Wanna get your kids into hunting and shooting, take them hunting and shooting.

Sad really.

Just my 2 cents, I'll shut up now
    I only slightly disagree. I see nothing unsafe or unresponsible about the whole Zombie deal. Fvck what the antis think anyways, they never gave a sh!t about us so why should we give an inch to them, I think this sticks it right in their face. Weapons for everyone, the Zombie hoards will come.lol
    And if it creates new gun owners, all the better. The younger ones will relate more if they can blast away at a bleeding zombie hitler targets. Im not into the whole fad , but would love to blast some of those undead targets.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer doublelung's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Between Edward and Bella it is a difficult choice.

I'd explode on a Bella target.....
    I'm your Huckleberry !!

CGN Regular
    I'm not going to spend a cent on any of that stuff... but I like that it's there

As far as I'm concerned, the zombie trend is a recognizable part of my generation. (mid 20's). We've grown up with it in movies and video games. And I'm not talking about just the 'gamer' types either, I mean almost everyone in this generation has played, and enjoyed a zombie game at least a few times in their life, it's a normal thing.

I think it's harmless fun that can be laughed at, while at the same time encouraging activity and practice in the sport. It's a truly good way to relate to younger people who have no interest or experience with firearms otherwise. There are lots of liberal/NDP supporters who aren't fond of guns, but would acknowledge their use for "zombies", and might even have fun while doing it and learn something.

"Zombies" is code for a consequence free, shoot-or-die worst case scenario where you don't have to feel guilty letting loose. How many boys of the baby boomer generation grew up fighting imaginary "nazis" with toy guns or sticks in the woods? It's the same thing, fast forward 30 years.

Zombies are a great middle ground to give people an excuse to try shooting and have a positive hands on experience. Everyone can relate to the "threat" without feeling like they're doing something wrong. It's ok to laugh at it, and if you're not interested then that's fine, but criticizing it in some belief that it's somehow "beneath" your otherwise superior motivations for engaging in the shooting sports is a mistake, I think.