Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012: Schmidt and Bender 1-8X24mm Optic and 3-20X56mm for G28 DMR

SHOT SHOW 2012: Schmidt and Bender 1-8X24mm Optic and 3-20X56mm for G28 DMR

Schmidt and Bender

Zenith 1-8x24 (still in prototype)in the black civilian colour.

1.1-4x24 and 1-8x24 short-dot as used on the G28 DMR in Patrol Configuration.

According to the S&B rep, civies can get the 3-20X56mm in brown colour too, just no HK logo.

On the G28
    Last edited by greentips; 01-20-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Apologies dupe post - but this is more suited to this threads topic.

I see that the S&B 1-8 is still a prototype. With the launch of Leupold's new Mark 6 1-6x20 FFP tactical scope, the baby version of their uber expensive 1.1-8 CQBSS, I wonder if S&B will ever get around to launching their 1-8 Short-Dot at all. S&B recently revised the price of this scope upwards by a $1k to $3500, which puts it in the same price park at the CQBSS. Quite frankly I'd like to know what Leupold's thinking was with the launch of the Mark 6 1-6, because not only will it potentially decimate S&B's 1-4 and 1-8 Short-Dot market it's also going to cannibalize their own CQBSS sales. S&B's 1-4 Short-Dot, with the recently announced price increase ($2700), must now be dead in the water, just who is going to buy one of these now with Leupold's Mark 6 that retails for $800 less. Interesting times for the scope makers. The race to the top in price terms is going to unseat a few I think.

BANNED
    I think if they both get enough MIL/LEO contracts then they will be okay...

will we ever be able to obtain the G28 in Canada?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    I think if they both get enough MIL/LEO contracts then they will be okay...
    I understand but if you can buy the Leupold Mk 6 1-6, which does essentially the same thing - apart from the additional magnification - for substantially less money why would you go with the S&B or Mk 8 CQBSS for that matter. I'm having a hard time trying to understand what the 1-8 will give over a 1-6 on a DMR type rifle. From a civilian perspective we're talking a $1500 price differential between the two, and I'm sure these ratios hold true at military/leo discounted prices. At a time when the military and leos are cutting back I think the 1-8s are going to be hard to justify given the substantial cost.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat
    or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.
    It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    will we ever be able to obtain the G28 in Canada?
    Isn't it just a pimped MR308?
    That cost $4000+ now. Add all that crap and it will be $9000 :D

CGN Regular american lockpicker's Avatar
    I like that Zenith.
    Quit Stalin.... and buy a Mosin Free Westicle

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Rabbit View Post
    kinda sad if you think about it ... living in the Great White nothing is pretty much like living in the upstairs apartment to the most popular stud in the whole dang complex. meanwhile, he is throwing one helluva non-stop 200 year party and you're stuck sitting at home drinking skunk beer with a fat girl watching a game that no one cares about.

When are they releasing those anyway? I had a 3-20 on order for months...

I ordered a 1-8x24 directly from S&B in Germany (an exchange for a faulty scope) almost 18 months ago. The delivery date was set for January 2011, then March, then June, then December.

When I met with S&B at SHOT in January 2012, I was told NOT to expect the 1-8x24 anytime soon. They were having some issues with delivery of parts from certain suppliers, and also having a hard time with the 8x multiple magnification.....

I am not holding my breath.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    I ordered a 1-8x24 directly from S&B in Germany (an exchange for a faulty scope) almost 18 months ago. The delivery date was set for January 2011, then March, then June, then December.

When I met with S&B at SHOT in January 2012, I was told NOT to expect the 1-8x24 anytime soon. They were having some issues with delivery of parts from certain suppliers, and also having a hard time with the 8x multiple magnification.....

I am not holding my breath.
    To bring this thread back, i think if S&B does get it out of the door it will be up to the same par as we have come to expect from that company.

Perhaps we should go with Ziess next time:D or the leupold :D

Either way we are spending a lot of money.. I wonder what Steiner is offering now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast