Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012: Trijicon Tactical Scope

SHOT SHOW 2012: Trijicon Tactical Scope

Trijicon

I think the press release sums it up well:

Best-quality glass is fully multi-coated to allow maximum light transmission. Optical engineering advancement produces a generous 3.3 inches of constant eye relief while decreasing overall scope length to 13.9 inches. Its 3x to 15x magnification range make it a viable choice for myriad applications, from LE and military operations to benchrest competition to varmint and big-game hunting.

The TARS features a patented illuminated-reticle system with 10 levels of intensity, including two for use with night-vision optics. Its non-forward emitting LED is much more efficient than current systems; One CR2032 battery provides 30,000 hours of use. Four reticle choices are available—an intuitive MOA reticle (Model 101), Trijicon-exclusive JW mil reticle (102) and two duplex versions (103 and 104). All are located in the first focal plane, so subtension values remain constant across the magnification range.

A robust, 34 mm main tube machined from aircraft-grade aluminum combined with Trijicon's mil-spec construction ensure TARS can handle severe recoil in the harshest environments. It is waterproof to 66 feet. Hydrophobic coatings on exposed lenses ensure clarity in wet conditions. Finger-adjustable turrets feature patent-pending lockable, tactile click adjustments for positive tracking and repeatability. A side-mounted parallax dial focuses from 10-feet to infinity. Removable flip-up range caps and sunshade are included.
    Not sure why Trijicon wants to jump into the territory that is traditionally held by guys like S&B, NF and Leupold's but here we go.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    MSRP of $4000
    Weight 47 ounces

..not sure which one is scarier.

"REDBEARD"
    Super Moderator
    looks great....but at 4000.....ah no go
    Sponsored Shooter PRS,3gun,IPSC Dog loving sumabiatch

Holy sh*t. I was thinking that if this would price out cheaper than NF and S&B, they might have a competitor. At a $4k MSRP, they are really pushing it. Like, REALLY pushing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by USP View Post
    Unfortunately burning hobo's alive, beating them with clubs or jizzing on them is not allowed. So this thread is now closed. Did you guys really think it was ok to suggest setting homeless greasy people on fire? We wont even discuss the jizzing on....
    Best. Post. Ever.

4 grand? Umm no, not when you can get a similar nightforce for 2500 cdn......
    You are right about one thing: I'm a big bad mother f--ker and I'm here to drink your goddamn milkshake.

$4000 is totally scarier! I can always work out.

Scribe
    You can't stop here. This is bat country.
    I can't believe THIS is what the big secret at Trijicon was.

Seriously? Just put a proper ####ing reticle in the TR24. 1-4/5/6 optics are clearly the direction things are going and if the TR24 had a good reticle they would own the market.

Very, very annoying.
    Owning is easy; it's doing that's hard. Remember that advice on the internet often comes from people who own things...but are not especially skilled in their use.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I can't believe THIS is what the big secret at Trijicon was.

Seriously? Just put a proper f**king reticle in the TR24. 1-4/5/6 optics are clearly the direction things are going and if the TR24 had a good reticle they would own the market.

Very, very annoying.
    +1 They need a new R&D director.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Trijicon really had a winner with the 4x ACOGs. The addition of the lower magnification ACOGs was rather successful as well. I do believe they are getting off track with their higher magnification scopes. Their formula for success was fiber optics, ruggedness and light weight. While I own and love the 6x ACOG, its a heavy beast, and given the choice of an optic to tote on a rifle, it would be the 3 or 4x ACOG. I don't think that this one will be successful.

The 6X ACOG is a MG optic for the GPMG and HMG. It was not designed as a rifle optic. The british was cheap and using it on the MWS L129 because they are in the system already. They would have been better served by an Elcan Spectre 1.5-6X if they actually want to spend moeny to select and buy a new optic.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast