Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012: F&D Defence FD308

SHOT SHOW 2012: F&D Defence FD308

We came across these rifles on the last day. We were intrigued by the way they mated the upper receiver to the rail. The barrel is held by the rail and there is no barrel nut involved. It reminds me of the way Daniel Defence attaches their rails to the recievers, but F&D carried the concept further and machined the bolt receptacle to the upper receiver directly. The charging handle is very smooth as it rides on a electroless nickelled rail. The price point is at about 3000ish.

The company is a one-man shop and the owner claimed to be doing everything from design to running the CNC himself. The rifles on the table had been put through 3000-4000 rounds each. It will be interesting to see where these will go in the future.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    That's genius!
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Pretty neat design, and nice to see a one man show try to push the envelope like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by USP View Post
    Unfortunately burning hobo's alive, beating them with clubs or jizzing on them is not allowed. So this thread is now closed. Did you guys really think it was ok to suggest setting homeless greasy people on fire? We wont even discuss the jizzing on....
    Best. Post. Ever.

BANNED
    Cool. Would love to see a video of this in action.
    Is this an AR variant? Non-res perhaps???????

BANNED
    Nice!... Non-restricted ?? perhaps? Its a oputward appearing AR 10 ish, but the uppers and lowers won't work cosmetically or functionally with AR upper and lowers.
    although they do take parts that are standard.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridonnic View Post
    Nice!... Non-restricted ?? perhaps? Its a oputward appearing AR 10 ish, but the uppers and lowers won't work cosmetically or functionally with AR upper and lowers.
    although they do take parts that are standard.
    doubt it but that guy would become very successful very quickly if that was the case for sure. I would buy one.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridonnic View Post
    but the uppers and lowers won't work cosmetically or functionally with AR upper and lowers.
    Ever since when has that been a barrier to variant classification?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Law View Post
    Ever since when has that been a barrier to variant classification?
    The company being a one-man show is really cool.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    doubt it but that guy would become very successful very quickly if that was the case for sure. I would buy one.
    i bet it would be non restricted... looks more akin to an XCR than an AR to me. i would buy one 100% if they make it up here and are in fact non restricted.

i really like how they mounted the rail looks bad ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post
    God bless the rivet: Saver of babies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast