Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Customer Service - A Feel Good Story...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    Thank you for the comments.

We do try to make customers happy... honestly, we do try our best. It doesn't always work out as we'd hope, sometimes we just can't do what the customer asks of us, but most of the time we do what we can to make things right. The amount involved isn't the issue.

In the end we always try to be fair... we ask ourselves how would we feel if the issue happened to us and what is fair from both points of view... then we try to find the fair solution... and hope the customer is satisfied in the end.

Glad it worked out to your satisfaction... we did our job
    Apologies to the OP, but this thread needs a reality check.
    I have usually regarded a 'sour grapes' note to threads as just that...maybe somebody's expectations were just a little out of whack, but this particular piece of propaganda cannot go unanswered.
    Epic FAIL on this one...
    I bought a product, assuming that they were appropriate, and when I found out that they weren't, you adopted the 'default' position of 'caveat emptor'.
    Shame on you for 'talking the talk', but not 'walking the walk'.
    To me, this indicates a major direction change in your customer relations.
    I have had numerous, positive relations with your company, and this development reflects a very negative turn of events.
    I just want everyone to read your 'fine print' about...NO RETURNS...NO EXCEPTIONS...before they lay down their hard earned cash.
    Rant off......
    Cheap, quick, and good...you can only have two!

BANNED
    questar is super, bought two handguns and a wack of accesories off them in the last month.... the whole EMT thing is super and more caandain buisnesses should come around to that form of payment. That was the main reason I went with questar.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbat View Post
    I just want everyone to read your 'fine print' about...NO RETURNS...NO EXCEPTIONS...before they lay down their hard earned cash.
    Rant off......
    every invoice you recieve from questar has that disclaimer on it as well as a "change order" fee schedule.... at least they are up front about it, and it is "buyer beware", research the product your buying before you buy it.

Apologies to the OP, but this thread needs a reality check.
    I have usually regarded a 'sour grapes' note to threads as just that...maybe somebody's expectations were just a little out of whack, but this particular piece of propaganda cannot go unanswered.
    Epic FAIL on this one...
    I bought a product, assuming that they were appropriate, and when I found out that they weren't, you adopted the 'default' position of 'caveat emptor'.
    Shame on you for 'talking the talk', but not 'walking the walk'.
    To me, this indicates a major direction change in your customer relations.
    I have had numerous, positive relations with your company, and this development reflects a very negative turn of events.
    Rant off......
    I feel your pain foxbat.

I ordered two KNS pivot pins when really i only needed one. I thought that take down and pivot pins were essentially the same (yes I am a new to this but trying my best to learn). KNS stuff is pretty hard to come by up here from what i know (which is not much) and there were only two left so i panicked and bought two of them thinking i could use one for the pivot and one for the takedown. Of course the optimal situation for me would have been to have the ability to return the other pivot pin for a refund. After reading the "fine print" i realized this was not in line with questar's policies which like you said are clearly stated. In the end i realized that it was my own fault for not doing enough research/reading fast enough before buying.

When i buy merchandise under the impression it is new i like for it to be brand spanking new out of the box unmolested by someone elses greasy hands and most people probably feel the same. Questar probably realizes this is important to some/most of their customers. Now good people like me or you would probably never return something as brand new once we have used it no matter how poor of a buying decision we have made but not everyone is so morally enlightened. Looking at it from questar's point of view having a policy of "caveat emptor" is probably the easiest and most cost effective way of protecting themselves and their customers from people who are trying to pull a fast one.

In the last month i have spent a significant chunk of change at questar and other CGN site sponsors and have been more than satisfied with all my transactions. In the end i ended up recouping my money for my mistake by expending a little effort and finding a buyer for the extra pin i bought. I am sure you can do the same find a buyer, modify the mags or better yet it gives you an excuse to buy a rifle they will work in:D.

Hope it works out for you.
    20.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Having been a long term, large dollar customer with Questar, I would normally have been willing to 'feel the love'.
    I ordered two RRA 'metric FAL mags' ASSUMING that they would fit my RFB.
    They arrived, and I found that the front mag tab wasn't going to fit without major surgery from a dremel. No disclaimer was mentioned in the ad for these mags.
    In good faith, I attempted to return them, but was stonewalled as if I had acted as a f**king, brain dead, stoner, dips**t, and was told "too bad, so sad...you bought 'em, you keep 'em".
    I guess you can tell I'm beyond disappointed with this situation, and held off with relating this until this thread appeared.
    I still can't believe that these guys would blow me off with this b**ls**t excuse for customer service, and had indicated to them that I would never do business with them again.
    Your results may vary, but be aware that all is not well in lotusland.
    I also was duped into buying these RRA "metric" FAL mags from Questar. Lets just say I am also not a happy camper but I didn't attempt to return them yet. But I figured what happened with foxbat would be the same for me since I have had a fairly large dollar bad experience with questar a few years ago and wasn't offered any relief then so why expect it now. I am just glad I didn't buy more than two.

BANNED
    What a poop shoot,

1. You didn't do your due diligence on the product you bought, and 2. You didn't read the dealers policies before purchasing. Now you come on here and hijack the thread in a weak attempt to scar the dealer... wow, you shouldn't blame others for your mistakes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calshooter View Post
    What a poop shoot,

1. You didn't do your due diligence on the product you bought, and 2. You didn't read the dealers policies before purchasing. Now you come on here and hijack the thread in a weak attempt to scar the dealer... wow, you shouldn't blame others for your mistakes.
    The mags said "metric" as you saw what we posted. That means they were supposed to work in the RFB. But what came were inch pattern mags. Sorry to prove you wrong on the due diligence. I am not trying to scar the dealer. I have spend 10's of thousands of dollars with Questar over the past 5 years. I prob will continue to buy stuff from them since alot of the stuff they carry nobody else does. And usually their prices are good too. I just want it to be known that they screwed myself another person over a couple mags and its not all butterflys and rainbows. As for not reading the policies I have read them and hence the not bothering with even attempting to get them to take them back or asking for a refund.

CGN frequent flyer pbr streetgang's Avatar
    Mods delete this thread ASAP!!! SOMEONE HAS SAID SOMETHING BAD ABOUT QUESTAR!!!!!!!!!
    Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calshooter View Post
    What a poop shoot,

Do you...finally...get the point?
    mrsmitty and I ordered METRIC FAL mags....we received INCH FAL mags.
    Not our error....but an error on the part of the dealer.
    When contacted, and informed of THEIR error, they refused to agree to a return, and replacement or refund.
    I returned them anyway...and received them back again a day ago.
    To my surprise, when I opened the box, they HAD BEEN CONVERTED TO METRIC!
    No email...no note...but finally restitution, on their part.
    Something which should have happened without being stonewalled.
    No explanation....no ME CULPE...
    If you feel this represents great service, then you and I will disagree.
    And that is the reason I was deeply disappointed, as I have had numerous dealings with them over the years, and previously, had been more than happy with the service provided.
    Cheap, quick, and good...you can only have two!

BANNED
    Do you...finally...get the point?
    mrsmitty and I ordered METRIC FAL mags....we received INCH FAL mags.
    Not our error....but an error on the part of the dealer.
    When contacted, and informed of THEIR error, they refused to agree to a return, and replacement or refund.
    I returned them anyway...and received them back again a day ago.
    To my surprise, when I opened the box, they HAD BEEN CONVERTED TO METRIC!
    No email...no note...but finally restitution, on their part.
    Something which should have happened without being stonewalled.
    No explanation....no ME CULPE...
    If you feel this represents great service, then you and I will disagree.
    And that is the reason I was deeply disappointed, as I have had numerous dealings with them over the years, and previously, had been more than happy with the service provided.

Fair enough,

You can't win em' all I guess and thats no different in any business. I guess the positive here is there's a hell of alot more good then there is bad. Again, you win some, you loose some.

Take care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast