Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealer Customer Service - A Feel Good Story...

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbat View Post
    Do you...finally...get the point?
    mrsmitty and I ordered METRIC FAL mags....we received INCH FAL mags.
    Not our error....but an error on the part of the dealer.
    When contacted, and informed of THEIR error, they refused to agree to a return, and replacement or refund.
    I returned them anyway...and received them back again a day ago.
    To my surprise, when I opened the box, they HAD BEEN CONVERTED TO METRIC!
    No email...no note...but finally restitution, on their part.
    Something which should have happened without being stonewalled.
    No explanation....no ME CULPE...
    If you feel this represents great service, then you and I will disagree.
    And that is the reason I was deeply disappointed, as I have had numerous dealings with them over the years, and previously, had been more than happy with the service provided.
    Both your order and mrsmitty's order read as follows:

RRA-308A0118
    RRA - FAL Metal Magazine - 20 round
    (capacity limited to 5 round) Quantity: 2 Price: $79.99
    The above is exactly what came through on your order confirmation email generated by the website at the time of your orders (copy was sent to you) and it also was the description printed on the invoices generated by our in-house system and included with your shipment.

The website showed the same description:

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=1816&bc=no

The order confirmation email is generated automatically by the website when an order is placed and the description of the items purchased comes from the website description, so it is impossible for me to change it or try to hide an error... you were sent what we were sent... that's exactly what it said at the time of your order and that's what you saw on the website when you placed your order.

The magazines are a product that we purchase from RRA and Rock River Arms sells the magazines for use in their 308 rifles... my understanding is that they have used both Inch and Metric FAL magazines in the past but they do not specify one or the other when they ship them, from their viewpoint all that matters is that the magazines work in their LAR-8 rifles and they do. The magazines were always sold specifically for use in RRA 308 rifles.

I looked through every invoice we sold for that product and every one described the magazines as "RRA-308A0118... RRA - FAL Metal Magazine - 20 round (capacity limited to 5 round)"

I also looked through all of the website generated Order Confirmations for that product and they all describe the product as FAL Metal Magazine with no reference to either Inch or Metric pattern.

I am sorry for the apparent confusion here but we just don't feel that this is our error... the magazines were the product of Rock River Arms and sold for use in RRA LAR-8 rifles... whether they may or may not work in other products is not something we advertise, promote or warranty. In fact RRA very specifically states the following on their website:

ITEM # DESCRIPTION PRICE QTY.
    308A0116T20 LAR-8 Polymer 20 Round Mag, .308 Caliber
    308A0118LC10 LAR-8 Steel 10 Round Mag, .308 Caliber
    308A0118LC05 LAR-8 Steel 5 Round Mag, .308 Caliber
    308A0118LC03 LAR-8 Steel 3 Round Mag, .308 Caliber

CGN Regular
    I thought that the whole idea of internet forums was to provide a balanced view, instead of a 'suck fest' or a totally negative 'pile on'.
    You wish to provide an example of what superior service a provider has produced.
    I wish to add a counter to that particular train of thought.
    Sorry that it harshes your mellow.....
    I have to agree with foxbat 50cal. How a company deals with problems out in the open as well as privately shows their true moral fiber. Lets hear Questar's side of the story. Because there are always two sides. I have to say though I have had nothing but good service from Questar and will continue to deal with them whenever I can.

I don't like bugging in this kind of dealer's thread but those mags are advertised for use in RRA's own 308 platform. If you put it into an RFB and it does not work, you cannot fault RRA for it!!!

RFB uses metric FAL mags, and the RRA site clearly said that these mags are Inch pattern!

In this case, you bought the "wrong" stuff becuase you do not know the FAL mags that you need to buy - of course you should pay whatever restock fee for the trouble.

If Questar specifically told you these mags will fit RFB before you place the order, and they don't, then it is a different story.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    See, there you go, the other side of the story. Questar is not at fault after all. And, to boot, they even modded the mags for you. What a great company. Keep up the good work guys!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GIGGIDY's Avatar
    I love it when a dealer owns the guys trashing them. :D

BANNED
    Great Job Questar. Correcting the Rifle Pricing like that is a pretty good example of the Integrity of your business.

I will try and stop complaining about your pricing

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I don't like bugging in this kind of dealer's thread but those mags are advertised for use in RRA's own 308 platform. If you put it into an RFB and it does not work, you cannot fault RRA for it!!!

RFB uses metric FAL mags, and the RRA site clearly said that these mags are Inch pattern!

In this case, you bought the "wrong" stuff becuase you do not know the FAL mags that you need to buy - of course you should pay whatever restock fee for the trouble.

If Questar specifically told you these mags will fit RFB before you place the order, and they don't, then it is a different story.
    I am guessing RRA has recently changed their website due to this problem. Cause when I bought these I did research and that small fine print did not exist then. I actually remember looking at that picture to be sure they weren't inch pattern because the tab on the small steel mag is small so I was sure they were metric. I am keeping my mags and going to try and make them fit. If I can't I will sell them later to someone who has better tools then I do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Thank-you Questar. After finding the best price for availably Glock 17 mags, I placed my order on the 3rd and received them today, the 7th. Great job by Questar, and let's not forget Canada Post, either.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Apologies to the OP, but this thread needs a reality check.
    I have usually regarded a 'sour grapes' note to threads as just that...maybe somebody's expectations were just a little out of whack, but this particular piece of propaganda cannot go unanswered.
    Epic FAIL on this one...
    I bought a product, assuming that they were appropriate, and when I found out that they weren't, you adopted the 'default' position of 'caveat emptor'.
    Shame on you for 'talking the talk', but not 'walking the walk'.
    To me, this indicates a major direction change in your customer relations.
    I have had numerous, positive relations with your company, and this development reflects a very negative turn of events.
    I just want everyone to read your 'fine print' about...NO RETURNS...NO EXCEPTIONS...before they lay down their hard earned cash.
    Rant off......
    In my books these guys are pretenders, I ordered a 45 acp exchange kit for my sig and after months of waiting and past the delivery time, I enquired as to when it was due. It was over the agreed delivery date and I was met with indifference right off the bat and after getting no eta, politely asked for my deposit back, the answer was no sorry we will keep it, I noticed they posted it on their web site for full price and sold it in two days...........what a great way to make money for these scally wags..........anyways, no more of my money goes to them!!!!
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123