Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive video

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    To put this matter in perspective:

This video first surfaced in March of 2011. It was filmed on a camera that looked (after review of security cameras) like a simple SLR in late 2010.

A licensed "member" brought in guests and was supposedly showing firearms in the classroom attached to our “B” range.

Since this surfaced, the member has been expelled and all of the staff and management involved that day were harshly dealt with.

We spent about $20,000 in 2011 in legal costs to get it pulled and to get the originator to "promise" to not every show it again.

Unfortunately he simply edited the video and re-released it 9 months later.

We are once again pursuing our legal options and are going to get not only the video dealt with but the originators as well.

We work very hard every day to present a professional clean and family oriented environment to the hundreds of new shooters we get though here every week. This whole mess makes me sick to my stomach.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer straitshooter's Avatar
    Guys, lighten up on Target and TSE_JR. They're among our strongest supporters.

Yeah, somebody stepped on their dick here, but don't turn on folks who have done more to promote and support us, our sport, and lifestyle than most.

Yeah, it sucks, but s**t can happen to good people. And TSE and Target are by far "good people."
    Last edited by straitshooter; 01-27-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    There are two groups who benefit from gun bans: criminals and the state. They both prefer a populace that can't fight back. Remember: being kept disarmed is not for your safety.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Looks like they were shooting up your walls too.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

I disagree on the comments here. Why does this video bother most of you? Sure the music is crap, it venerates a thug lifestyle...but other than perhaps a broad poorly taken artistic license nothing looks overtly illegal here.

As such condemn it for being bad music maybe but otherwise give it a pass.

I think the saddest part about this whole thing is that whatever the hell that was actually passes for music now a days.. Shame shame.

Quote Originally Posted by straitshooter View Post
    Guys, lighten up an Target and TSE_JR. They're among our strongest supporters.

Yeah, somebody' stepped on their dick here, but don't turn on folks who have done more to promote and support us, our sport, and lifestyle than most.

Yeah, it sucks, but s**t can happen to good people. And TSE and Target are by far "good people."
    Thank you!

I wanna go a puke my guts out right now!

Since this first surfaced we also chnged our waiver, signage and more importantly, staff training to include watching for #### like this.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by USP View Post
    I disagree on the comments here. Why does this video bother most of you? Sure the music is crap, it venerates a thug lifestyle...but other than perhaps a broad poorly taken artistic license nothing looks overtly illegal here.

As such condemn it for being bad music maybe but otherwise give it a pass.
    There is nothing illegal. However, if someone wants to go film a music video about illegal gun running, they can go somewhere else.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CNADNSL8-5's Avatar
    I find it interesting that this video was made at target sports, since I was told by the staff there that I should not bring my SL8 into the store unless it is encased even though it's not restricted. They did not want the neigbours to see it. I found that request more offensive than this video.

Absolutely disgusting video. Another reason why "profiling" works.

I mod everything of mine. Hell, my gf's sporting a wonderful pair of 36D's, thanks to my penchant for modifications!

Dirt McGirt Yo yall need ta holla at da store on yo celly not postin up in dis ma.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    There is nothing illegal. However, if someone wants to go film a music video about illegal gun running, they can go somewhere else.
    The only issue I see over this entire mess, is that you as the proprietor reserve the right to either allow or refuse service to people who wish to use your facilities for this.

I dont see it being an issue beyond that. Some are clamoring that the antis will freak out over it or how illegal it is. This I believe is paranoid over reaction.

Did the antis freak out of the indie film "The real Toronto"? A video that was full of tons of illegal guns? This other video by comparison smacks of rich kids trying be "hard" with a nice little music video....

Do you guys think real gangsters need to go rent guns to make a video?