Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marstar service

Smile Marstar service

Like everyone else I enjoy whining and complaining about the bad service that seems to be the norm nowadays, just human nature I guess.
    Not long ago a co-worker asked me where the best place was to buy a scope mount for one of his guns (can't remember the type!). I told him I always enjoyed buying from Marstar, its somewhat close and the shipping was always reasonably priced. All that to say he bought the mount, brought it to a so-called "retired gunsmith" who proceeded to royally screw up the mount.
    The "smith" blamed the quality of the mount (bulldoodles- I saw it) so buddy sent it back to Marstar. The mount was grinded to hell, could never be resold, but he still got his money back. Kinda impresses me.
    Sorry for the long rant but Scotch makes me mellow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Pics???

of the mount, not the Johnny Walker.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Sorry no pics, didn't think of it at the time. Now, the important question, how the heck do you know what I'm drinking?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Well, I for one am NOT happy that Marstar refunded the money. If it came back all beat up and grinded on your buddy should have been told to pound sand. It is a wonder any of these retailers can stay in business, with what WE think is good.

I agree with you completely, note I referred to him as a co-worker. He was actually upset that he didn't immediatly get his money back. That was the last time I ever helped him with gun stuff. I was embaressed for wasting marstars time and money. The point of my post is that some companies actually do go above and beyond the poor service that we've come to expect. Compare the service that we get from CGN sponsors to that of your average business and it makes you wonder why doesn't everybody get that good service and prices equal repeat customers.

I have always had great service from Marstar. Over the years I have bought several guns and various other items from them. About three years ago I made the mistake of buying one of their Tomahawk. It was the worst piece of junk gun I have ever owned, the finish came off pretty well in you hand, it jammed etc.... John made it easy to return and refunded all of my payment, including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Well, I for one am NOT happy that Marstar refunded the money. If it came back all beat up and grinded on your buddy should have been told to pound sand. It is a wonder any of these retailers can stay in business, with what WE think is good.
    x2 they should send it back to your stupid buddy and tell him to stick it up his ass, what's up with people trying to return merchandise THEY damaged ?!!

people like this drive up the prices for everybody

^ what he said.

BANNED
    I wouldn't have burdened Marstar with something that had nothing to do with them.

Marstar is one of, if not THE best retailers here in Canada.

I've dealt with them on a number of occasions and they've been absolutely great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast