Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: full stock for Ciappa Mare's Lag

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I do like the marlin's but I like the 92 and 94 the best.
    The plan is to have a small carbine that is so light that it gets packed every where and has a 12 inch barrel small and light is what i am after
    Then why not a T/D Model 92 Trapper? The extra 4" in length shouldn't make a difference, and it will be far more portable when taken down. Not to mention the quality is probably a few notches higher with the Winchester.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    Then why not a T/D Model 92 Trapper? The extra 4" in length shouldn't make a difference, and it will be far more portable when taken down. Not to mention the quality is probably a few notches higher with the Winchester.
    92 trappers are sweet the 16 inch barrel made it hand then one with the 20 inch barrel 12 inch wood mack a nice rifle fore BC west cost and with the barrel so short you are not going to poke the muzzal in the mud or snow

92 trappers are sweet the 16 inch barrel made it hand then one with the 20 inch barrel 12 inch wood mack a nice rifle fore BC west cost and with the barrel so short you are not going to poke the muzzal in the mud or snow
    Yeah, i've got the 16 inch trapper too, but i have to admit in many of BC's forests it would be nice to have something that was even more 'out of the way' so it didn't catch on the thick crap that's everywhere.

It's different when you're hunting, but if you're just out and about it gets to be a bit of a pain. That's why i bought a mare's leg in the first place.
    Avatar by Pottsy. Attitude by birth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Yeah, i've got the 16 inch trapper too, but i have to admit in many of BC's forests it would be nice to have something that was even more 'out of the way' so it didn't catch on the thick crap that's everywhere.

It's different when you're hunting, but if you're just out and about it gets to be a bit of a pain. That's why i bought a mare's leg in the first place.
    plus short barrel rifle a just fun i have a SBR 22 that with a 12 inch barrel and I love to hunting with it

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsmith View Post
    ... I will be adapting a full stock to connect to the existing butt of the mares leg - essentially with threaded rod - allowing the extension to be take-down also.

I'm getting the new butt, along with recoil pad, here:

www.shop.macongunstocks.com/Winchester-Model-1892-Winchester-Model-1894-94-Pre-64_c60.htm

This is some nice lumber!

In corresponding with them, they seem nice folks, and are happy to ship.

You must provide pics when you are done

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011