Page 1 of 23 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: *resolved* Our firearms too scary for Toronto Sportsman Show

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar

*resolved* Our firearms too scary for Toronto Sportsman Show

We were looking to exhibit at the Toronto Sportsman Show; here is the response we received:

"I spoke it over with the Show Manager and the issue is that these rifles don’t look entirely like Hunting Rifles. I realize they can be used for that, but typically we don’t allow any rifles in the show which don’t have the distinctive look of a hunting rifle i.e. camouflage etc. We would therefore not allow these particular firearms to be in the show. One of the main reason is optics as we want to keep the show and Hunting Hall as items that can be clearly identified as hunting related items."

Somehow hot-tubs, paintball, airsoft and junk food are ok and are more in-line with what the sportsman show represents than "non-hunting looking" firearms.

*Update*
    It appears they have reversed their position. They are now permitting firearms as long as they are non-restricted. We have inquired about restricted firearms and will await their response. We would imagine that restricted firearms would fall under the "all facets of outdoor sport".

"The Toronto Sportsmen’s Show is celebrating its 65th Anniversary this year. During this period we have provided a First Class venue to display and promote all facets of outdoor sport and activity. Our relationship with the gun manufacturers has been positive throughout the period and the relationship continues. Tactical Imports (must be a Firearms Licensed Business and meet the requirements of the Chief Firearms Office), will be permitted to display firearms at the 2012 Toronto Sportsmen’s Show, provided they are Chief Firearms Office, classified non-restricted, for sale in Canada."

*Update 2*
    They have responded; and are adminant they will not allow restricted firearms into the show

*Update 3*
    CSSA stepped in. Needless to say restricted firearms are now permitted at the show.
    Last edited by Tactical Imports; 02-21-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Do you have an email for this guy, I have a few thoughts....
    You can't teach common sense
    And you can't fix stupid!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Wow, that right there is why we are in the place we are regarding gun laws.

"hunting" guns can be banned and confiscated just as easily.

Sounds like a pretty close minded show

fudds. x2, post an email so the public can complain.

CGN frequent flyer hillbillyreefer's Avatar
    Are these the same f-tards that had to move out of Toronto because of Miller? If so they didn't learn from experience. Time for another very public crucifixion.
    Careful, freedom of speech is forbidden.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    i'll give him a piece of my mind too pm me the email
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

What a joke. Typical fudds
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yup ... I'd love to send this guy a piece of my mind as well

Pretty fracking sad when even the guys running the hunting shows seem to be Anti's

And just because they have made this decision ... I am no planning on NOT attending the show. F'em.

A full wood ENfield, that great grampa used to kill germans would be acceptable to them, but a plastic covered gun with no history, better sights & mechanics isn't :Epic Face Palm:
    Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.

Winter is coming.

Wow. Words can not describe. I need the email also pm me it or post it for all to see.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Mitch Ostapchuk - Show Manager
    mitch@sportshows.ca

Neal Diefenbaker - Account Manager
    neal@sportshows.ca

Sajid Rahman- Account Manager
    saj@sportshows.ca

Dianne Franchino - Show Coordinator
    franchino@sportshows.ca

Tanya Kury - Show Coordinator
    kury@sportshows.ca
    right off the website
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 23 1234567891121 ... LastLast