Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9192122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: NEA...30 guns coming soon!

Manufacturer-Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Their choice in aluminum has been covered. I am just spitballing here but I am guesssing most manufacturers don't have time or energy to explain their choice of materials to everyone who shoots them an email. I wonder how far you would get calling up Daniel Defense and asking them to explain why they don't build a true mil-spec (US M4 TDP) rifle?
    Or why they started using 6061 as well.

There's plenty of top quality existing companies using 6061 in AR receivers. I don't think that anyone would question their decision for using them, nor the track record of custom billet receivers made from many manufacturersm

*Using 6061
    Vltor DDLES VM-1 T1 MUR Upper/Lower Receivers - 6061
    Daniel Defence Big Hole Upper/(Lower?)Receiver - 6061
    DPMS Panther .308 Upper/Lower Receiver - 6061
    Sun Devil MFG 5.56 and .308 Upper/Lower Receivers - 6061
    GTVC MFG Lower Receivers - 6061
    TKS Engineering Upper/Lower Receivers - 6061
    C3 Defense Upper/Lower Receivers - 6061

+ Likely a few other Billet manufacturers using 6061 and marketing it as 7075 to avoid flash fires.
    **Almost everyone uses 6061 for rails, accessories, etc.. many components that take much more abuse than a AR receiver 'shell'. NEA is certainly the only Canadian company doing it, but not the only AR manufacturer.

Guys, AR demand is up all over the world. Everyone is waiting for eveything, not just our customers. I wish we could kick them out faster but we cant without sacrificing quality. Our new facility is set up and we have the ability to x4 our builds per month. But SFRC is not the only deale backlogged, nor is Canada the only country we are feeding. We are doing everything within our power to get rifles out, but please understand that demand and backlog is insane right now. I dont envy SFRC, they field calls daily for status updates, and they only have the info we give them. Often they are only given a few days notice that a pickup is ready.

As always, please bear with us and SFRC, they are doing a hell of a job.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms View Post
    As always, please bear with us and SFRC, they are doing a hell of a job.
    Yes they are!
    1-10.5" CQB Complete Rifle & 1-NEA Complete Lower Assembly for a build: I'm a happy customer!
    Foxtrot Foxtrot Sierra!

If I hadn't personally shot an NEA, I'd be thinking they were vapourware now

Another 3-gun this weekend without a rifle...

CGN Regular
    any 14.5" coming this week?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    just to be a complete a$$...

enough 18" coming this week so I get one...

Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

still waiting

A quick update here. Got my email today with the transfer number on the 10.5 I ordered in early Febuary. I am actually glad it took this long to get a few things ironed out, looking forward to receiving it, thanks SFRC. I guess this means their should be some other NEA rifle owners with a smile on their face soon.

Same here just got number today for 7.5 orderd Feb. YAY...

CGN Regular
    When did SFRC put the charge on your CC? Don't think I have even been looking forward to a surprise CC charge before now :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mark978 View Post
    When did SFRC put the charge on your CC? Don't think I have even been looking forward to a surprise CC charge before now :D
    Must have been the day I got the email. Its not listed on the purchasers list yet when i checked but mastercard has the new balance availible so i know its through.