RWS Brenneke Slugs

Anyone have a source for these in Canada?

I gave up trying to find Brennekes a long time ago... the best penetrators I've found are the challenger magnum slugs, 1 1/8th ounce. They are super hard lead and don't expand at all, and penetrate about twice as deep as any other foster slug I've tried, at least in wood. Pretty potent too at 1,460fps out of a 15" barrel for 2,400 ft-lbs. They are pricy though!

The federal truball deep penetrators aren't bad either but don't go in as deep, although they have very mild recoil and still out-perform all the foster slugs I've tried. I got about 75% of the depth of the Challengers, which is great considering they only average 1,210fps out of my 15" shotgun. They hardly deform at all and punch a big hole in the target.

Not my post but here's a comparison with the Rio Brenneke:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?369909-12ga-Slugs-Factory-Ammo-Penetration-Test

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been searching for these for years, never been able to find a Canadian source, nor see them at shows in the states. I want a good bear defence slug, these sounded like the ideal choice. I'll check out those challengers, I've seem them at Canadian Tire a few times I think.

So much bear country in Canada. We have the three bear species yet a tiny and unreliable supply of Brenneke Classic slugs?

On a similar note I don't understand exactly why Hevi Shot decided to discontinue thier 12 gauge .625 zinc buckshot?
Brand name Hog Wild. Another potential close range dragon slayer......kicks like a mthr effer but boy it's got some down range smack.

Why not just use the challenger slugs? They're available near everywhere and use the excellent quality deep penetrating gualandi borra slug.
They leave nothing to be desired, brenneke are overrated in that there's nothing they do that many other premium slugs won't do either, availability here in Canada is the only issue. But the Challanger are great.

Why not just use the challenger slugs? They're available near everywhere and use the excellent quality deep penetrating gualandi borra slug.
They leave nothing to be desired, brenneke are overrated in that there's nothing they do that many other premium slugs won't do either, availability here in Canada is the only issue. But the Challanger are great.

I will use brennekes over and over again if needed.
To each his own. I would prefer to give my money to the Germans rather than any shotshell company out if Quebec.

Whatever issus have you politically with Quebec the modern German is worse.
You really wouldn't rather support Canadian than the EU?

I can't remember who brought these Rio ones in last year. I bought 20 and wish I had got more. I dissected one to see what was inside.
20210522_091046.jpg
20210522_091502.jpg
20210522_091640.jpg

Attachments

• 20210522_091046.jpg
    20210522_091046.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 20210522_091502.jpg
    20210522_091502.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 20210522_091640.jpg
    20210522_091640.jpg