Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536373839404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW CZ 858 Canadian Model

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    all my guns have only 5 rounds fired when i sell them
    Mine only have one test round.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Absolutely not, but it is impossible to run my business at the speed the RCMP SFSS work. To wait three years for a firearms classification by them, which is not even a legal requirement, is ridiculous but that is the current situation. I have personally met with Minister Blaney to complain about this, time will tell if the situation improves. Sadly most Majior importers feel intimerdated by the RCMP SFSS and will not say anything that they feel may "select them" for special attention. As for Mr Wolverine, I am a marked man after
    the last CZ 858 import debacle, so I make myself heard, I have allies with my two local MP,s both conservative. The problem is that as soon as I disagree with the RCMP SFSS I fall out of favor.
    This is the real problem right here, the RCMP SFSS taking years to even look at a rifle and classify it. If our favorite party wins again this October, we should initiate the mother of all letter writing campaigns like we did for the CZ-858 & SA reclassification. It's sad to hear that importers are afraid of the RCMP SFSS, they are in fact after all just government employees who are supposed to work for us the tax payers. They should be working with the firearms community and not against it. If they can't play nice and get things done in a reasonable amount of time, then classification should be done by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    No Left handed bolts, these are proper SA58 semi autos and no the non-restricted length barrels will not be chrome lined. The quality of the CZ858 vs the VZ58, there is no competition needed, the CZ858 wins hands down.
    I was talking price wise. quality is subjective and the chrome lining was a joke.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The point that 'they' would TARGET anyone should be addressed. You know. With regulations or something.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I own a CZ and a VZ. And since a previous post said quality is subjective and many of us don't have x-ray vision.. Maybe Grumpy should do a vid on the differances!! I'd like to see one.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I own a CZ and a VZ. And since a previous post said quality is subjective and many of us don't have x-ray vision.. Maybe Grumpy should do a vid on the differances!! I'd like to see one.
    Just talk to the CSA warranty center (previous and current) and see how many rifles they have had to replace over the last few years, let alone the repairs. A video might not be a bad idea though.
    Last edited by Grumpy Wolverine; 09-13-2015 at 12:14 AM.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Just talk to the CSA warranty center (previous and current) and see how many rifles they have had to replace over the last few years, let alone the repairs. A video might not be a bad idea though.
    CSA states in their promotional youtube videos that they are the only factory that produces these firearms do you know if this true?
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopsandwhich View Post
    CSA states in their promotional youtube videos that they are the only factory that produces these firearms do you know if this true?
    CSA only produces CSA VZ58's (VZ58 sporter). There is no affiliation there. They only make the CSA rifles and that is it. they aren't made on original VZ. 58 machines etc.

The CZ858 and CZ958, are made by only by Ceska zbrojovka Uhersky Brod (CZ). CSA has nothing to do with the CZ858.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz._58
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Will the hopefully imported guns be built on original blank receivers or all new ones?
    Some bare actions would be cool for those of us looking for a project.
    Last edited by wbaad; 09-13-2015 at 12:58 PM.

I have dealt with CSA direct in the Czech Republic for warranty parts and found them very good to deal with, but it helps if it doesn't break in the first place
    You guys are by far the best in canada for support!