Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28384041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: NEW CZ 858 Canadian Model

Grumpy, I'd chip in for the Red or Orange one to send.

If we can't verify PAL's then at least we could send them Wolverine t-shirts with the 958 pinup girl !!!

RF
    Last edited by Red Flyer; 10-11-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I can understand the confusion. Let me try...I said try....to help clear things up...or make them more confused...it remains to be seen, but here we go.

1. There will be more 858 rifles coming into Canada. Mr. Wolverine is hoping they will retail for around the $799.00 mark. Considering the last time they were here they sold for $695.00 and the dollar is between 25 and 30% worse this is a great price! These rifles will be the regular 858 with beaver barf furniture. We don't know how many will be folding or fixed or if there will be some of the restricted length barrels. It will all depend on what the boys at CZ can supply.

2. We are hoping there will be 300 special edition rifles coming as well. To call these the Canadian Model would not be correct as they will be more unique and there will be only 300 (actually 299 cause old grumpy has spoken for one already) and they won't be available again once they are gone.

3. the CZ858 Canadian edition....not as we know it at this time. whether they will be available in the future remains to be seen.

4. The 958. The RCMP forensics lab is still testing this model out. They have had a sample for over a year. Consider the 858 is legal and this version is even more Canadian compliant I don't understand what the delay is, other than with their own little empire building and desire to control, they have it sitting in a corner collecting dust. Get a letter writing campaign going to both your MP's and the RCMP. Remember that they are inhibiting businesses in Canada and they are infringing on your ability to enjoy your hobby. There are a lot of neat firearms along with the 958 that should already be sitting in your gun lockers, but these unelected, self righteous bureaucrats have not yet approved them. They need to be shown is actually in charge and it isn't them, so get some letters fired off!

5. These rifles will come for the time being in the military SA58 color of grey/blue. I suggested to Mr. Wolverine we get one in orange and one in red to send to Mr. Mulcair and Mr. Trudeau after they arrive in country, but because we can't verify if they have a PAL, Mr. Wolverine didn't think that would be a good idea.

I hope this helped a little.
    Clear as a bell. Thanks for the detailed write up. It would seem that a few of us were getting confused. I'll be in for one of these...don't know which one yet. The Special Edition rifle intrigues me.

RF
    Last edited by Red Flyer; 10-11-2015 at 10:40 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    I wonder how the guys that bought and sold ones for 1500.00 are feeling now? As the saying goes "A fool and his money is soon parted".
    the guys that bought them are kicking themselves, and the ones who sold them, can now have 2 for the price of 1.

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    Were regular 858's going for 1500? I only saw Canadian Editions go for double the price - and according to Grumpy's latest post those unfortunately are still looking to be exclusive, those of us just wanting the Canadian Edition are out of luck. Not going to pay what is being asked for on the EE, so I guess I have to keep watch for the special edition to see if it is of any interest.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
    If I send you a 3 of my bolt carriers would you tab them?
    there are lots of specs online for the tabbing. Print them off and take them to a local welder. Anyone who is half decent can do it.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan91 View Post
    I Think I will be selling my sks and upgrading to one of these when they come in.
    Never get rid of an SKS, just add one of these into the mix! Everyone has to have at least one sks...

Quote Originally Posted by Animatronic Fireman View Post
    Were regular 858's going for 1500? I only saw Canadian Editions go for double the price - and according to Grumpy's latest post those unfortunately are still looking to be exclusive, those of us just wanting the Canadian Edition are out of luck. Not going to pay what is being asked for on the EE, so I guess I have to keep watch for the special edition to see if it is of any interest.
    The thing to remember about the Canadian edition is that they were just a regular 858 with the special maples stocks. While very sweet looking, I don't care which way you slice it that doesn't make them worth $1500 Canadian.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    We decided that chrome lining was passé and to improve the speed and efficiency of cleaning them, we had the rifling removed to allow the swabs to pass quicker and more freely.
    But the manual just says WD40 for cleaning instructions

Do you guys offer any sort of gunsmithing on a purchase? I've been looking at buying a CZ858 for a while with the front sights moved back for the SBR look.. while keeping it NR. A nice light barrel shroud too to cover up the Pinocchio barrel.

Wolverine make me happy...... Thanks for the update grumpy!
    "For in reason all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."