Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco NP22 ARMCO Video Review by Riflechair

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Cześć,
    The sights are different.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I got one more question.

I heard that alloy frame in NP22 is cracking for about few thousand rounds - is that true? The orginal Sig P226 alloy frame are for about 15000-20000 rounds before they can crack. Is any one of NP22 users from these forum shoot more then 10 000 rounds from NP22 and pistol still working well?

It is true for '228' model. NP-22, not really.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    The new ones are manf differently , the locking block comes up and over the rail now, becoming part of the rail, cracking problem solved years ago
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

My NP22 was produced in 2013 [ there is year of production on a slide ]. How many rounds it can take before slide cracking ? - 10k? 20k ? Like I said, the real P226 can take about 20k rounds before the slide crack, but I don't really know is that true - Sig owners said so on others gun forums.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RememberTheSomme's Avatar
    Different 9mm pistols through history with aluminum alloy frames tended to crack with a steady diet of "heavy" ammo use, meaning 124gr NATO, +P or heavier. I put around 6,000 rounds of CDN 9mmNATO through a S&W M459 with no cracks I could see before I sold it. There were several members who had their M59's around the same time all fail between 5,000 and 6,000 IIRC. Maybe it was 10,000 too long ago to remember. If the 459 was superior I'm not really sure but S&W immediately replaced the frames on the older M59's at no charge though. If my 2012 Nork NP-22 cracks at 5,000, I'm not sure if I'll see a free frame. Weren't there P226 frame issues from the mud rails?
    A Glock pistol is "Perfection" in every direction. As for myself,....... Have Gun, will Babble.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Import's Avatar
    Happily put around 6-7000 rounds through my np-22.... Never one problem..if memory serves me...not a single ftf-fte..it was soooo good, I bought a p-226... Still have a np-58, and it is still the best sig clone ive shot...thanks for the review op..

Last question. The slide of Np22 is made from carbon steel or stainless steel? Is it rust easily?

I doubt it's stainless. I haven't seen rust, but you might be using corrosive Warsaw Pact ammo. Maybe.

As a clone, this pistol has many shortcuts. They only look like a SIG. The CZ-75 clones are better.
    Last edited by Deckard; 07-01-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Where did you find the shortcuts/shortcomings Deckard? I owned both the NP58 and 226 at the same time, and the only obvious differences were in finish and cosmetics. My Norinco actually shot better.

The slide is not stainless, it is blued steel.

Old thread, but Armco does amazing work. My Norc 1911 with an armco trigger is very nice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast