Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Planning on taking the CFSC course? Get your free manuals here.

Anyone got a link to a copy of the CORE book?

Thank you very much for the manuals, taking both courses in June.

Quote Originally Posted by JCCC View Post
    I would say they probably saw a huge spike in downloads since the registry is gone and those in charge saw the money making potential if it was no longer offered as a free download.
    Wrong - neither FSESO nor instructors in Ontario are allowed to make a profit on the sale of the manuals. Federal government publications are supposed to be sold at cost is what we've been told since a year or two ago.
    EOSC.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Looks like the free digital manuals downloads from Firearms Safety Education Service got taken down. Maybe too much traffic?

New links thanks to Marcdanarc!

Non restricted manual

Restricted manual
    Thank you for the links to the material.

I downloaded both as I plan on taking both exams and happened to notice the date on the top of the table of contents was 2008. Was hoping someone could confirm that the material linked is still the correct material and has not changed since 2008?

The reason I ask is because I want to make sure I have the correct version of the text for both Restricted and non-restricted.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dHb View Post
    Wrong - neither FSESO nor instructors in Ontario are allowed to make a profit on the sale of the manuals. Federal government publications are supposed to be sold at cost is what we've been told since a year or two ago.

Yeah yeah, I found out that they are in the process of revamping the text material and that is why it is off of the site, but...do you really believe the government is not making money off of their publications? I know the teachers are selling for what it costs them and they are not allowed to mark them up but I don't believe for one second that the government is not making something off of those books. It may be only a buck or two but there is something there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAResident View Post
    Thank you for the links to the material.

I downloaded both as I plan on taking both exams and happened to notice the date on the top of the table of contents was 2008. Was hoping someone could confirm that the material linked is still the correct material and has not changed since 2008?

The reason I ask is because I want to make sure I have the correct version of the text for both Restricted and non-restricted.

Thanks in advance.
    Yup, same manual. I took my R/PAL on April 28/29 and they all used the same manual.

Yup, same manual. I took my R/PAL on April 28/29 and they all used the same manual.
    Considering the changes in law (ie. bill c-19) I'm thinking a revised training manual should be in the works but will be on the back burner for a while due to other fiscal priorities and the current manual still covers the basics of safe handling which haven't changed.

FACs were the deal when I came to Canada and the WWW based internet was still science fiction then. No manuals, courses or tests - just a CPIC check and you usually walked out of the cop shop with your FAC by the end of the same day.

FACs provided just as much security as the post c-19 licensing system does with no costly database of personal information for hackers to exploit.

**Note: Seems odd that since all this stuff is ostensibly being done in the name of public safety that the CFOs (except NB) have insisted on the bound book recording of personal information by dealers at the point of sale but they have not mandated that the dealers do a mandatory license check with the CFC for each sale. The instantaneous at point and time of sale NICS "Brady" check used in the USA is now a more securing vetting system than the post c-19 Canadian system.

while the manuals are a good resource for someone with little to no firearms experience who wishes to challenge the CFSC/CRFSC, the 5 videos found on the CFC website are far better for someone who has some basic knowledge and a little experience.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/s.../video-eng.htm

There is also a restricted video in the menu on the right.

I always recommend that folks with very little confidence take the course so that they may have a chance to handle some firearms in a safe, thought provoking environment.

Cheers.
    Kevin.

My books cost 25 each, the local hunting/fishing place is a ripoff.

Looks like the free digital manuals downloads from Firearms Safety Education Service got taken down. Maybe too much traffic?

New links thanks to Marcdanarc!

Non restricted manual

Restricted manual
    Thanks for the link, much appreciated the restricted manual ahead of time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast