Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Gun Registry New Rules

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacesout View Post
    How do you verify if someone has a valid pal in order to sell them a gun on the EE? Call RCMP and verify?
    Ask for a scan of the pal, or ask for the pal # and call the CFC to verify
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    I would probably request a scan or fax of the pal. and then verifiy that the shipping address they gave you matches the address of that pal number on hand at CFC.

otherwise if someone had a stolen pal card they could get stuff shipped to there own address.
    OR you could skype the person ,I would never give anyone my pal by scan or fax.no need although anyone could use your info either way.Skype them and that way due dilligence is done ,you can still write down the info you can also see their face matches the card and they have it in their posession.If that isn't good enough you can still call in the # to CFC. Oh yea on skype you can take a snap shot too if you are real anal!
    Everyone has access to a computer these days, unless you are selling face to face it's the best and safest way to go for both parties!
    Just my opinion!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    I would probably request a scan or fax of the pal. and then verifiy that the shipping address they gave you matches the address of that pal number on hand at CFC.

otherwise if someone had a stolen pal card they could get stuff shipped to there own address.
    Unless the CFC changes it's privacy rules, they won't verify an address. Went though a transfer not long ago and I asked if such and such address that was provided to me was accurate and I got the " I cannot answer that Sir".

has any info been released by the CFC on what steps must be taken to properly sell a non-restricted rifle person to person?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacesout View Post
    has any info been released by the CFC on what steps must be taken to properly sell a non-restricted rifle person to person?
    The legislation (C-19) now in affect doesn't spell it out, so how can the CFc start putting their own regulations on people?

As said it the committee hearings, all that is required is the seller must be reasonably sure the buyer has a valid PAl. Full stop.

The CFC can lick balls.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

I just got off the phone with the CFC.

-It's "Due diligence" on the seller
    -The seller can call the CFC to verify buyers *Name, *DOB and *License#; address cannot be verified.

That's it, that's all.

This is new for me because guns I sold before were always local & in person; I wasn't using the internet before the registry came to be.

Weird I can't edit my post.

Anyway, forgot to add: Trader Rating IMO will definitely mean a whole lot more now on CGN

This is what westrifle got in mail. Hope this helps

The Government of Canada has changed the Criminal Code and the Firearms Act to eliminate the
    requirement to register non-restricted firearms effective April 5, 2012. Until further notice, due to a
    Court Order issued by the Quebec Superior Court, residents of Quebec are still required to register nonrestricted
    firearms with the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program. Please visit the Canadian Firearms
    Program website for more information (http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm).
    Below are some quick facts for your reference.
    Ammunition Sales
    Individuals and businesses must be in possession of a valid firearms licence in order to purchase
    ammunition.
    Non-Restricted Firearm Transfers
    Individuals and businesses must be in possession of a valid firearms licence that permits acquisition
    in order to purchase non-restricted firearms.
    Transfers of non-restricted firearms via Business Web Services or by the 1-800 number or by paper
    are no longer required by law.
    If you wish to confirm that the buyer’s licence is valid before handing over possession of a nonrestricted
    firearm, please call 1-800-731-4000 and follow the prompts.
    Restricted and Prohibited Firearm Transfers
    There is no change to registration and transfer requirements for restricted and prohibited firearms.
    Possession of Non-Restricted Firearms
    Individuals and businesses must be in possession of a valid firearms licence in order to possess nonrestricted
    firearms.
    Non-Restricted Firearm Status
    If you suspect that a non-restricted firearm you are about to purchase may be stolen, you can
    contact your local police service and provide them with the serial number and description. They
    will be able to query the firearm on the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database.
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678