Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: BRS-99 question

BANNED

BRS-99 question

Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting a BRS-99 from you guys in restricted form and if I like it a lot then throwing on the non-restricted barrel and changing it permanently into that...I am licensed for both restricted and non. Any legal issues in this?

Also...any good reviews out on this gun?

Thanks,

UTAF

ahhh
    Last edited by cmsl333; 05-04-2012 at 11:50 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsl333 View Post
    SHHH. Delete please.
    Last edited by 5440fight; 02-23-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    SHHH. Delete please.
    ahhh
    Last edited by cmsl333; 04-10-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: comments editedx2 looked messy

don't be a ....{removed}..........
    At cgn, calling someone a .........{removed}......... can get you a holiday from the site.

I own one, my brother owns one. The non-restricted status and quick barrel change is something most smart people don't want to advertise. Can you say reclassification? The OP is smart enough to understand this and has worded it accordingly.

UTAF: No problem, call it in, new FRT# 118955-5.
    Last edited by NAA; 04-10-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: quoted comment & reference removed
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

But why, if I may ask? I have one. 20 seconds flat you can switch between non/restricted barrels. Never quite seen a firearm that you can change so quickly before - quite intuitive actually.
    From what I understand, changing the barrel automatically changes the status to restricted, and while you have 30 days to report this change to the cfc, you are obligated to report it, even if you change it back. Contact the cfc and tell them you changed yours to restricted again, as I have not, as far as they are concerned, my change was permanent, as the OP intends.
    Get it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    From what I understand, changing the barrel automatically changes the status to restricted, and while you have 30 days to report this change to the cfc, you are obligated to report it, even if you change it back. Contact the cfc and tell them you changed yours to restricted again, as I have not, as far as they are concerned, my change was permanent, as the OP intends.
    Get it?
    Yes it becomes restricted immediately upon changing the barrel. You can take all 30 days to to report it, You won't be taking it out of your dwelling residence in that configuration until you do.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Until the Angels Fall View Post
    Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting a BRS-99 from you guys in restricted form and if I like it a lot then throwing on the non-restricted barrel and changing it permanently into that...I am licensed for both restricted and non. Any legal issues in this?

Also...any good reviews out on this gun?

Thanks,

UTAF

No legal issues, just call it in once the NR barrel is put on.

We only have 1 left in stock at the moment; it is already NR class.

The BRS is super accurate and very reliable; I'm sure other BRS-99 owners can attest to this. Not too many sub guns like this around.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 00Buck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-nwt View Post
    Yes it becomes restricted immediately upon changing the barrel. You can take all 30 days to to report it, You won't be taking it out of your dwelling residence in that configuration until you do.
    If you buy the gun in non-restricted form:

The changing of the barrel is tied directly to the restricted registry. The moment you change the barrel you are in possession of an unregistered restricted firearm. This info is quoted from Ed Burlew firearms lawyer.

It is a "horse race." If it is discovered that you have changed the barrel before you report the change and before the new registration certificate is in your possession you are in violation. Minimum mandatory jail term applies.

If you want to hear it from Ed himself it's in a back episode of the CRRN podcast.

To go by the letter of the law the sequence would be to report the change, wait for the new restricted certificate to arrive, then you put the barrel on. I know it's backwards but that's how the law works in this case. Like all our gun laws it makes no sense.

If the gun is bought in restricted form and you put the non-restriceted barrel there is no issue. The gun is still restricted either way.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Buck View Post
    If you buy the gun in non-restricted form:

If the gun is bought in restricted form and you put the non-restriceted barrel there is no issue. The gun is still restricted either way.
    Is that still true even with the LGR being gone? Putting the NR barrel would make the gun NR which doesn't required registration anymore, no?

I know that was true before as I was informed that you can't have two registrations on the same rifle but with the LRG gone I thought that would resolve this issue and allow us to make a Restricted rifle NR by changing barrel and use it like one.
    Maybe we should have Ed comment on this.

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast