Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One more @#!$@*# ATT question... Buying new guns

One more @#!$@*# ATT question... Buying new guns

OK, I searched, but this one is still puzzling me. I warn you now that it is likely a stupid question.

So, I join a club, buy a restricted and apply for my ATT. On the ATT application there is a space for all the restricteds I own that I want to be able to take to and from my club.

Flash forward 2 months and I've bought another restricted (and another, and another...). When it's registered to me in the transfer, does it automatically get added to my ATT or do I have to update my ATT with the new gun with the RCMP?

Is it possible that they could write more complicated laws for firearms?

No. No it isn't.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    One ATT for all the restricted you have registered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    I warn you now that it is likely a stupid question.
    It is not a stupid question. The gun laws can be somewhat confusing & open to interpretation . Even the police & the CFO don't know all the answers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Musky Hunter's Avatar
    yes, you are ok.

Phone the CFC and ask. Easy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    On the back of mine it states ( ALL RESTRICTED HANDGUNS REGISTERED TO RESIDENCE OF THE AUTHORIZATION HOLDER ) should be the same on yours opperative word "ALL"

This is such a great forum.

Ask question.
    Go to lunch.
    Come home to answers.

Thanks everybody!
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

Whoa whoa whoa. It's not that simple. I used to have 2 LTATTs (one from AB, one from NB) both of which listed every single restricted I had. When I bought or sold a gun, they would send out a new LTATT.

Since moving back to AB, last month they gave me an ATT with that blanket wording - all restricteds, all the time. Ask around & I guarantee you you'll see both types.

Until this year, my CFO used to just put down all registered restricted under my name. Now they put the specific certificate numbers. My understanding is they are specifying the certs you will have to put in a request and the new purchase will get appended to the list.

Gotta love how CFO's change the rules along the way.....
    [NFA/CSSA Member! ]
    "I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently. I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone" - Unknown

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    I'm the VP of our local gun club .(in Ont.) Maybe its our person doing the ATT's but just signed for a bunch of renewals (mine included) & no asking what restricted I have (I also have prohibs that I can transport under same ATT , no listings). As per my preveous post about listed to res. & autherised person .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast