Tried out my targets today

Tried my targets today - they were quite a hit with the folks I was shooting with!
Mostly used .22 (my ISSC MK22, which now seems to work better!) but a few of the bigger holes are from a SKS which isn't really sighted in yet, hence the wide spread of the groups. Shooting at about 80-90 metres.
Target2.jpg

Target1.jpg

The .22 was with a scope (NcStar 3-9x42 Tactical Mark III), prone.
The SKS was with a red dot (Sightmark Ultra Shot QD) that I had just stuck on, and wasn't zeroed. Also shot prone. Shot many others too, which I didnt bother to take pics of (was too busy shooting!) both standing, sitting and prone, with a mix of Ruger 10/22, the MK22, two SKS's, a lever .30-30, and a bolt .30-30.
Let's just say the SKS with irons was much more accurate than the one with the non-zeroed red dot, even standing! (no surprise there....)

It can be very frustrating when Rules at ranges go beyond the laws and common sense. it is ok to shoot these targets but not that... A lot of times these rules are based on the fact the people making the rules don't seem to understand or enjoy shooting Ipsc/IDPA/ Cowboy action, PPC, etc. The infighting our community needs to stop, it is the only way that we are able to maintain our current freedoms.

In some ways I wish I had been born 50 years earlier when men could be men without having to apologize for it.

Back
Top Bottom