Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a 'securely locked container or receptacle'?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blasted_saber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dweenz View Post
    seems clear enough to me my stack on is considered good enough im happy. i also plan to have a lockable gun room but i can't find specifications. any one know what the minimum requirements would be for a room to be considered ok for restricted storage?
    A room with locking door. If it has windows they probably need to be barred.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...posage-eng.htm

My general rule of thumb is if it requires tools to be broken into it meets regulation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bush24's Avatar
    •Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely.

clear as mud? The CFC training video uses a small room/lockable closet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blasted_saber View Post
    To demonstrate that, heres a real safe (not a cabinet, a safe) being broken into under 2 minutes with two bars. this doesnt mean you require more then this to satisfy legal requirements. All this mean is if the criminals want your **** bad enough they're going to get it.
    Great video, thanks. Physical security buys time, but 5 minutes costs a lot of money.
    When I worked in government security, the professional entry people who tested hardware would use a sledgehammer on an axe head to beak things open, it was usually faster than power tools.

My Snap-on cabinet may legally be a safe, but the AR15 has a trigger lock on it anyway, cheaper than Johnny Sombrero's lawsuit.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

Just think though, depending on your current living situation, if they broke into your house while you slept, the sound of your safe being knocked over would wake you up, if not the sound of your window or door being kicked open. At which point, you call the police. If you mention you have firearms and the criminals are going after your firearms, I am pretty damn sure the police response time will be a lot quicker. I know for a fact, if I had a safe, and some douchebag came into my home and tipped it over like that and started trying to pry it open, I would hear it. If I was on vacation, I would have a trusted person house sit for me while I was away. I'm army, so telling a buddy of mine they can stay at my place, rent free for a week, I wouldn't have any complaints as far as live security goes.

Plus, In my house, there is always somebody awake 24/7 and I live in an area where unlawful entry would be easily identified by my neighbors and a police response would be inevitable.

Just my 2 cents.

non restricted made inoperable then can be placed on display, stored with trigger lock in a closet on under a bed is safe storage as long as ammo is store seperate. when using gun safe then ammo can be stored in the same container. my .30-06 is trigger locked in a case and 3 padlocks on it, that is above and beyond what needs to be done. but all my guns have a trigger lock and locked in my closet where i have a 4 year old running around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12