Thread: Question about online purchases

Question about online purchases

Hello,

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this but I don't quite understand how the purchasing process online works for firearms.

If I purchase a NR rifle Will the online dealer apply for the ATT for me? Where does the courier drop off the package and do I need another ATT to transfer to my house if it goes to a courier facility?? How about restricted any difference??

Thanks in advance.

Bruner

CGN Regular
    NR does not need a ATT only restricteds do

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar
    No ATT is required for NR.

Buying a rifle online is only one step more difficult than buying a book. You have to give the vendor your PAL information, including birthdate.

That's it. Gun magically arrives by mail.
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqueJacqueShallaque View Post
    No ATT is required for NR.

Buying a rifle online is only one step more difficult than buying a book. You have to give the vendor your PAL information, including birthdate.

That's it. Gun magically arrives by mail.
    Yeah, my wife was soooo impressed the first time I bought a rifle online. I came home to a large non-descript box in the kitchen and an extremely stern look. Strangely she had the box pointed in a safe direction, still don't know how she did that!

Seriously, online purchases are easy. Just buy from a reputable seller and be aware of their shipping and returns policies BEFORE you order.

Hey thanks for the replies. What happens if I'm not home when the courier arrives...do I just simple go and pick up my firearm and that's it??

What if it is restricted?

Quote Originally Posted by sfbruner View Post
    Hey thanks for the replies. What happens if I'm not home when the courier arrives...do I just simple go and pick up my firearm and that's it??

What if it is restricted?
    Most packages sent from a retailer are insured and require a signature. Usually if you're not home you'll have to go and pick up your item at the closest depot. It's not unusual or unheard of to come home and find your firearm left on the porch.

Restricted items are sent in the same manner. Retailers do apply for the ATT so that it can be mailed to you.