Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Interested in a short barrel JR Carbine?

I've also been thinking about this shortened JR since NS first began this thread. An update every few years might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Alot of your posts seem dodgy at best. Hmmmmmm
    Dodgy? Questioning a pistol that you guy say is legal with 20 rounds is dodgy? More covering my ass if I decided to buy one I'd be nervous having 20 round magazines for it. As for the jr carbine why could I not put the 18" barrel on it and take it in the woods? Would it not be nr with the longer barrel?

I will be in as well, but i would like it with a barrel shroud cause it will look awesome...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyledempsey1 View Post
    Dodgy? Questioning a pistol that you guy say is legal with 20 rounds is dodgy? More covering my ass if I decided to buy one I'd be nervous having 20 round magazines for it. As for the jr carbine why could I not put the 18" barrel on it and take it in the woods? Would it not be nr with the longer barrel?
    No one ever said it is legal with 20 rounds. Thay would be illegal.
    Best to review your notes from the PAL course if you aren't sure on legality
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    No one ever said it is legal with 20 rounds. Thay would be illegal.
    Best to review your notes from the PAL course if you aren't sure on legality
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...R-(Restricted)http://www.csa.co.cz/en/15-produkty/...ber-22-lr.html
    You might want to go re-read the thread. The description calls it a pistol 5 times and yet it comes with a 20 round magazine.

In Canada a 20 round mag on the JR would be prohibited. You're hotlinking to a discussion of a .22 Skorpion. The law is different when it comes to .22.
    Last edited by aiwa; 10-02-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyledempsey1 View Post
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...R-(Restricted)http://www.csa.co.cz/en/15-produkty/...ber-22-lr.html
    You might want to go re-read the thread. The description calls it a pistol 5 times and yet it comes with a 20 round magazine.
    You may wanna brush up on your firearms act
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

If it came in under the price of a 9mm AR, I'd say it'd sell well. My indoor range is pistol only. And it sure would be nice to have a little carbine to shoot with when I feel like too big of a baby to shoot outside in January. Also, I whole heartedly agree, that it'd be cool to be able to switch barrels, but that's not how our laws work.

Quote Originally Posted by aiwa View Post
    In Canada a 20 round mag on the JR would be prohibited. You're hotlinking to a discussion of a .22 Skorpion. The law is different when it comes to .22.
    Nobody was talking about a 20 round mag for a jr carbine lol. Why don't you try reading the whole thread instead of reading one post and replying while having no idea what you are talking about

Obviously you don't grasp the rules and regs.
    1) the Skorpions aren't considered pistol in our country (the ones allowed in the country are rifles hence 5 rounds, 22lr there is no 5 round cap hence 20 rounds)

And you are stating this in a JR Carbine thread where they are already considered rifles (thay take pistol mags 0 round cenerfire MAX) BUT this JR has a restricted bbl length on it (still classed as a rifle and no wjere does it ever say a pistol) so no 20 rounds on anything legal in this country unless it is RIMFIRE
    Honestly re read all the stuff from the firearms act.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789