Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sightron 1-7 - Customer Review and Comparison.. Post #21

Uber Super GunNutz

Auto Adjusting Illum?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    For the 1X, as close as I can see. Pic of me aiming at my computer a couple of feet away.

Reticle is in focus but hard to capture with a camera.

The dot is a very interesting design and set up. The lit red dot is visible in low light but as you increase the ambient light, the red dot fades to the black of the reticle. This happens automatically so you dont need to fuss around with knobs and buttons. One of the best features of this scope.

Doesnt matter what the ambient light is or how fast you move in and out of the light, it works. Ideal for moving through a building where light can stream in from window but the hallways may be in shadows. The aiming point is always there.

I have them onroute to me now...

Jerry
    I have one of these scope - am currently using it on a 375 Ruger Alaskan. A question and a two comments.

Question, is the red dot really self adjusting? I can't find anything about that in the literature on the scope and as far as I could tell what was really happening was that the illumination was simply not bright enough to see in bright light? I tried playing around with my Swarovski Z6i's and if you have the illumination set to a mid type setting, they act the same. I know the Swaro's don't have adaptive illumination.

Comment one, the distortion some people are talking about I think has to do with the variable nature of the glass yes but also I think the 1x might actully be a little less than 1x? It sure looks like a bit of fisheye to me.

Comment two, I really like the scope for my intended purpose. I want a wide field of view when I'm hunting in the thick bush but have the ability to go out to 300 yards when I come out to an open field. For the money, it really can't be beat - I think its only competitors are the leupold Mark 8's (crazy money) and the Schmidt and Benders 1-8x Flashdot (advertised but not available anywhere on this planet that I can tell).

Oh and attempting to answer some of the questions regarding effective range - when I say 300 yards, I'm talking Elk and with my not so accurate 375. I don't think you'd have any problem engaging man size targets out to 600 yards though, even with old man eyes like I have.

Cheers!

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
    is the Exactrack like a zero stop?
    No, it is simply indicating that the scope mechanics tracking properly.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Supporting Dealer
    As for the dot, it was kind of neat to see the dot glow in the dim light, then fade in the bright.

It is truly adaptive. You can move through varying light without having the play with intensity settings.

I prefer the black reticle in the bright light and don't need to remember about turning on the dot when diving into thick cover.

Unsure about the actual mag but for my eyes, it is very close to 1X. In fact, the image is a bit better then my normal eyesight.

I like it.

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    Just got my paws on the new 1-7 LRIMOA and it is AWESOME. It is even better then last years scope.

Anyone doing CQB or service rifle type matches should take a look at this. Optics from a TRUE 1X to 7X (which has a relative optical mag of around 10X) are stunning. I am hoping to find a S&B Short Dot to compare.... YES, it is freaking awesome.

I am waiting on more as all the ones that came in sold.

I can truly say that there is nothing I have looked at under $2000 that comes close optically to this Sightron.

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 7.62mm's Avatar
    Can I put my name on one of these new ones when you get another batch?
    I like the one I have, but could always use a second one!
    Join CSSA Call 1-888-873-4339 for info!
    Join CCFR https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

Supporting Dealer
    Please send me a pm or email and I will get you sorted out. They are inbound to me now.

They are a gem.

Jerry

If you are even just kinda considering it, I highly recommend them! My buddy and I just received the first 2 Jerry got in, and in a word.....amazing!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    Just got my paws on the new 1-7 LRIMOA and it is AWESOME. It is even better then last years scope.

Anyone doing CQB or service rifle type matches should take a look at this. Optics from a TRUE 1X to 7X (which has a relative optical mag of around 10X) are stunning. I am hoping to find a S&B Short Dot to compare.... YES, it is freaking awesome.

I am waiting on more as all the ones that came in sold.

I can truly say that there is nothing I have looked at under $2000 that comes close optically to this Sightron.

Jerry
    Is the reticle (on the LRIMOA model) markedly different than the older model?
    Last edited by zupermann; 06-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by redrams9 View Post
    If you are even just kinda considering it, I highly recommend them! My buddy and I just received the first 2 Jerry got in, and in a word.....amazing!!!
    Glad you guys are impressed. Sightron has taken their scopes up another notch.

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Is the reticle (on the LRIMOA model) markedly different than the older model?
    Yes, the MOA reticles are the picket fence reticles. The old was a 4A - which is great for low light in your face engagement type reticle. The MOA gives far more options for Longer shots and would be perfect for service rifle type shooting.

Now instock.

Jerry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast