Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sightron 1-7 - Customer Review and Comparison.. Post #21

Supporting Dealer
    Here is some feedback from a CGN member who also does 3gun. Might prove helpful.

"aving run some 3 gun with the following optics here is my .02

1. Strike Eagle. SFP 1-6 PASS.... terrible fisheye at 1x Reticle is hard to focus without slightly blurring the reticle Terrible Tracking (failed box test) (my eyes are 20/20 x 20/15 so vision is not the issue) FOV is pretty good, if blurry as heck. Heavy like a battleship 3.5/10

2. Vortex TCMQ SFP 1-4 OK glass, cluttered reticle, not true 1x, expensive for what it is and does, limited mag Great Tracking 6.5/10

3. Nightforce NXS SFP 1-4 Finally. Good glass without chromatic aberrations, CLEAR reticle, expensive, limited mag. GREAT TRACKIng!! barely gets a 7/10 because of cost.

4. Bushnell SMRS 1-6 FFP Decent Glass. Some chromatic issues at edges, not true 1x, more like 1.2x Decent mag (can even get it in 1-8) good tracking, smushy turret clicks, again, a little spendy for what you get. DID NOT LIKE FFP!!!! Reticle disappears in cqb stages!!! FOV is a little narrow . Heavy. 7.5/10

5. Bushnell AR SFP 1-4x Solid Glass, Reticle is painted in, so it is way to thick for 3 gun over 125yds imho. Clicks are smushy, tracking is not too bad. Decent FOV, very light weight. Coatings on glass are not premium (but then neither is the price of this piece) Love the lightness!!! Really like it. slight chromatic distortions at edges, but nothing major. Other than being down in power, I would take this over the Strike Eagle in a heartbeat. 5.5/10

6. Sightron 1-7 SFP. Finally. An alternative to Swarovski without donating a kidney!! GREAT GLASS!!! Really Great Glass!!! No Chromatic or Aspherical distortions at all. True 1x, CLEAR glass etched reticle!! Red Dot in center does not flare like other reticles on ''torch'' mode. Some may or may not like that. Good turret clicks, i personally do not care for the non-tool less turret resets though. Great Tracking, Excellent field of view. Not as heavy as the Strike Eagle. If you love the Swaro, but can't stomach the cost, this one is for you!! 9.5/10

7. Swarovski 1-6 Not much can be added. 14' (120 vs 106') Wider FOV than the Sightron, slightly better finish. Glass is 2nd to Sightron in my opinion in terms of contrast. But both are excellent. Picking one over the other is budget dependant. Lighter in weight than the Sightron, tracking is Great, Turret Clicks are Great, Illumination is a little stronger than the Sightron, Great reticle, this is truly the benchmark of everything I have tried, and run to date. If money is no object, look no further, Swarovski has your optic. 10/10

In the end I sold my Swaro to run the Sightron. Mainly because of the reticle, and a preference to the glass in the Sightron. Budget was another reason. For a given level of high performance, is the Swaro 2.5 times better than the Sightron? No it is not. It is at best 10-15% better in my opinion. And I can afford to equip 2 rifles with the Sightron, and still have money left over for more ammunition.

There are other solid choices out there, and as 3 gun gets bigger, competition will no doubt improve the breed. "

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    I certainly love my new Sightron 1-7 Killer glass, very clear reticle. Scope itself is a little long but the total package really delivers. Excellent $$$/performance ratio!
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Do these scopes offer any ability to amplify low light levels for typical dusk and dawn hunting?
    How much are the new ones Jerry?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Interested in that scope with moa ret. if it's good for hunting and general use

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Do these scopes offer any ability to amplify low light levels for typical dusk and dawn hunting?
    How much are the new ones Jerry?
    Sightron coatings are as good as pretty much anything until you get into the ultra expensive stuff. In low light and low mag, the exit pupil of light will be huge. The central lit dot works very well for low light aiming too.

For the money, I haven't anything remotely close.

For pricing and to order, please email info@mysticprecision.com. There is a good chance prices will change in Jan so it might be a good idea to book now if you want one.

All of the current options are listed on Sightron.com - SIII and STAC. The STAC lineup has more options

Thanks

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    Interested in that scope with moa ret. if it's good for hunting and general use
    You were reading my mind. I was speaking to Jerry about purchasing another for my 30-06
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Supporting Dealer
    At 1X, I can see clearly and aim at my feet when standing (I am 6ft tall)

At 8x, I can quarter a Fig11 sized target at 600m

Jerry

What about comparison to vortex razor 1-6?
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

Supporting Dealer
    Sorry, no Vortex products here.

But I will have Athlon and Delta to add to my offerings.

Athlon Midas BTR 1-6 and Ares 1-4 are lower priced options. Both will have decent glass and cost less then the STAC

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Do you have this Sightron 1-7 scope in stock right now?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast