Thread: Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27X50 - Unboxing and Quick Review

Supporting Dealer

Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27X50 - Unboxing and Quick Review

Athlon Ares BTR. Initial impressions are very good. Quality of manufacture and finish are excellent. Packaging is excellent.

Name:  IMG_1685.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  111.3 KB

Nice eye box with an enormous eye focus diopter range. The reticle is razor sharp making it easy to read the numbers and fine lines. With aging eyes, this is a very big problem for many users. I doubt anyone will have a problem getting a clear reticle with this scope.

Name:  IMG_1688.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  92.1 KB

All the controls move smoothly with a quality feel. Turrets clicks are clear and audible but not super "clicky" as some other brands. I really like the 10 mils per revolution. Set up with a 250yds zero, I can travel to 1200yds in 1 revolution. That will make things far faster and easier to use when on the clock.

Name:  ares.png
Views: 1033
Size:  3.9 KB

I do appreciate the Xmas tree reticle and 0.2mils hash mark spacings. All very current with shooter demands.

Illumination is for the full reticle instead of just the central dot. That is a nice touch if you need to use your reticle.

Name:  IMG_1686.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  115.7 KB

Side focus works smoothly and gives alot of adjustment range. Coupled with the eyepiece focus, you can get a very nice image with no parallax.

Compared to the previous Ares BTR I demo'ed, the glass is better. There is a bit of a tail off when you go to full 27X, but at 25X, the image is great. I would put it right there with the Sightron SIII glass which as many know, is some of the best glass you can get for alot less money.

Name:  IMG_1684.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  135.2 KB

I would put this glass between the STAC and SIII which is very fine company to keep. For all the features in a FFP product, the pricing makes it a great value and less then competing scopes.

Very impressed and can't wait to get some range time.

This scope comes in both MIL and MOA clicks to suit all end users. $1375

PM or email info@mysticprecision.com for deals on supporting gear like rings and bases.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Are you stocking the Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 APRS1 FFP IR Mil? If so, what is the cost?

Supporting Dealer
    I will when they become available. No pricing at this time as it is brand new announced for SHOT.

Ball park is summer before they are available. I am hoping to get updated prices on the new scopes in Feb.

Please PM or email and I will add to my contact list.

My SWAG would put the Ares ETR between the Ares BTR and Cronus BTR.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM