Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sightron 1-7 - Customer Review and Comparison.. Post #21

CGN frequent flyer carlchevalier's Avatar

Sightron 1-7 - Customer Review and Comparison.. Post #21

Hi, I'm looking for scope for my AR to use in 3gun competition. I have a couple questions on the 1-7 scope from sightron.

Is it a true 1x ? Is the dot day visible is it bright enough?
    Are they in stock?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 12-20-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Supporting Dealer
    For the 1X, as close as I can see. Pic of me aiming at my computer a couple of feet away.

Reticle is in focus but hard to capture with a camera.

The dot is a very interesting design and set up. The lit red dot is visible in low light but as you increase the ambient light, the red dot fades to the black of the reticle. This happens automatically so you dont need to fuss around with knobs and buttons. One of the best features of this scope.

Doesnt matter what the ambient light is or how fast you move in and out of the light, it works. Ideal for moving through a building where light can stream in from window but the hallways may be in shadows. The aiming point is always there.

I have them onroute to me now...

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I would have never guessed that Sightron would make such an animal.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    what will you be charging for the 1-7 when they arrive?
    μολὼν λαβέ

Supporting Dealer
    $920 plus ship and tax.

I will post my mini review shortly.

It really is a darn nice scope and there is nothing in its price range that does what it does

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    MINI REVIEW:

Just got ahold of one of these and it is a very nice product.

For short to med range, I think this scope offers features that combine the benefits of 2 scope.

The 1X does work although there is a bit of image distortion if you move the scope. Unfortunately, that is pretty typical with variables scopes and I have yet to find one that didn't have some of this at 1 or 1.5X. Never looked at a S&B short dot but that is another world for costs.

At 1X, I can see my shoes in focus. So yes, you can engage an object 4' from the front of your scope. The dot works very nicely in low light. A very cool feature and maybe just luck, the dot gets dimmer as the ambient gets brighter and the black reticle gets more bold.

So you can see in no light (dot) and you can see in bright light (black reticle) and you do not need to adjust any light settings. Any dot scope needs to be adjusted and if on high when you go into the dark, the dot can be blinding or with big halo, rendered useless. Opposite if set for low light, will be too dim when you go outside.

For CQB where you transistion through light and dark ie walking through a lit house at night, the Sightron would be amazing.

When you dial up to 7X, no problem seeing clearly and engaging a coyote at 600yds. The 2nd focal plane reticle shrinks so it doesn't obscure smaller targets. This is a simple A4 style reticle so no ranging or additional hash marks for holdover but it can do very good work at the shorter distances this scope will likely serve.

I think this is a great DMR type scope for how it works and how good the glass is. I have not shot it but see no issues with tracking. 1cm per click so well suited to the MRAD craze.

Pricing will be $920.

Will go on my Norc M4 and think is will fast become THE scope for this platform especially if you need to take longer shots.

Good stuff.

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    Scopes now instock.

Jerry

CGN frequent flyer
    Has anyone done some shooting with one of these yet? Curious as to how well they work at distances beyond 300 yards...

Supporting Dealer
    Optics are great and plenty of mag to engage fig 11 type targets out to 600/700yds.

Jerry

CGN frequent flyer
    is the Exactrack like a zero stop?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast