Thread: .308 AR barrels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar

.308 AR barrels?

So,
    My understanding is ATRS can pretty make any type of barrel on the market, since you machine them from blanks.

I am thinking of starting to part out a build for a .308 AR and am just doing some research into what parts I might need. The barrel is one of those trickier parts.

So, I was wondering if ATRS could produce a 20", HBAR (or whatever the heavy profile is called) profile stainless match barrel? What would be the estimated cost? Would it be significantly higher then standard AR-15 barrels?

Thanks.
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

Hi Lee,
    There are a lot of companies out there that make the AR10 kits, ie/ ArmaLite, but you are right, they don't seem to come with barrels most of the time. ATRS should be able to make you a barrel no problem as it is something that they do all the time. But I can't help but feel by the time that you have all the parts that you need including the barrel you should be able to almost but a ready built one.

This is the other list of parts that you will need.
    (1) AR10 Bolt Stop, (1) Tactical Two Stage Trigger Set, (1) AR10 Magazine, (1) AR10 Lower Receiver, (1) AR10 Bolt Carrier Group Complete, (1) AR10 Magazine Catch, (1) AR10 Pivot Pin, (1) AR10 Takedown Pin, (1) AR10 Charging Handle Assembly, (1) Ejector & Safety Spring, (1) AR10A4 Upper Receiver Stripped, (1) Ejection Port Door, (1) Ejection Port Spring, (1) Pistol Grip Screw, (1) Pistol Grip Washer, (1) Safety Selector Detent, (2) Detent Spring, (2) Detent, (1) Buffer Detent, (1) Buffer Detent Spring, (1) Bolt Stop Pin, (1) Bold Stop Plunger, (1) Bolt Stop Spring, (1) Magazine Catch Button, (1) Magazine Catch Spring, (1) Safety Selector, (1) Trigger Guard, (1) Trigger Guard Pin

Cheers,

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1 View Post
    So,
    My understanding is ATRS can pretty make any type of barrel on the market, since you machine them from blanks.

I am thinking of starting to part out a build for a .308 AR and am just doing some research into what parts I might need. The barrel is one of those trickier parts.

So, I was wondering if ATRS could produce a 20", HBAR (or whatever the heavy profile is called) profile stainless match barrel? What would be the estimated cost? Would it be significantly higher then standard AR-15 barrels?

Thanks.

Yes we CAN make pretty much any barrel configuration a person may want.
    We need to know what caliber, twist rate, what contour, length and type of finish.
    Certainly a stainless match barrel that is custom made is going to be more expensive than a mass produced mil spec barrel in which you have few options is going to cost. However having more choices and guaranteed better accuracy is also worth something.

Email us directly at the shop and we can figure out what cost you are looking at.

We also stock most AR10 parts including uppers and lowers.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there