Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Saturday afternoon Gopher shooting.

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

Spot the Gopher?

Whoah! They can run but they can't hide from that gun. I'd like to see video of the dirt flying. Tell us about the gun. What cartridge is that?

Ooo ooo ooo I LIKE IT!!!

I'll guess the word 'Solothurn' comes up in the description of this gopher rif... I mean, gun. :dancingbanana:

How much $? I'll take two, thanks. Best not to check with the wife. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solothurn S18-1000 20 mm

The Treaty of Versailles that ended WWI severely limited Germanys ability to conduct research and development of military hardware. In order to circumvent this the German firm of Rheinmetall acquired a controlling interest in the Swiss firm of Solothurn. Solothurn developed some interesting small arms in the 1920’s and 30’s. The S18-1000 was their premium Ant-Tank rifle, semi automatic firing the 20 x 138B round. Commercial sales were disappointing and as an anti tank rifle she was obsolete before WWII started. These rifles did see limited use, mainly in North Africa. Many were sold as surplus into the US in the sixties for $189.50!

She weights approx 120 lbs and is over 7 feet long. The cocking handle is a crank, two and a half turns are required to pull the breech block to the rear, the breech block is held to the rear by the sear and the crank reversed two and a half turns. When a loaded mag is inserted the breech block “thunders” forward and chambers a rd. She is equipped with a telescopic sight, the body of which is machined as part of the receiver and has back up iron sights.

HELP PLEASE - I am looking for loaded ammo, empty cases, operators manual, original transit box, spare mags and muzzle brakes. I believe a few years ago Sarco listed spare mags as “door stops” any one care to part with one?

Both the Italians and the Swiss had a wheeled mount for this girl, one of them would make a good conversation piece.

Thanks to my good buddy Craig we now have a manual and he has started reloading for her, Saturday was the first time we fired her and we were all smiles, she is a delight to fire, far better than any "Fifty".

Back
Top Bottom