Thread: Age of norinco coach gun???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar

Age of norinco coach gun???

I just recive my 12" coach gun, over all I am happy , ok finish , ok wood, everything seem to work fine!

My onlie problem is heavy rust on the left hammer. This got me thinking, this gun can not be just manufacture. It must be sevral years old, as I dont think gun steel soak in oil to quickly. So to me the question is how old is the gun

...this is after one hour with a sos. Took 30 minutes to remove the hammer as te rust seize it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Also!!

To awnser to question

: have I contacted frontiere?

-NO

Will il be contacting them?

-No , as I dont feel like this is a big deal!

I'm still happy with the fun as long as it shoots!

You'd be surprised how fast steel can corrode. I mean, if you shoot surplus corrosive ammo out of a non-chrome lined barrel (cz858), you'd be shocked to see how rusty that barrel becomes if not cleaned properly, and how quickly!

The gun probably isn't that old, just had some scratches/flaw in that area, and then was exposed to moisture (probably during storage or while shipping from overseas. I am not blaming anyone, I want to make that clear).

Clean it up, oil it up, and as you said, keep shooting and having fun! Its a cheap fun gun, not a museum exhibit!

Mine has a little rust too, inside the barrel ~2 square cm in size. Did what you did, shrugged, cleaned 'er up and moved on. I think that's why they bath the thing in that brown oil, guess they missed a spot.

I also noticed she doesn't like some shells, Winchester no problem but several light strike fail to fire on Rios.

There is also the possibility that the left hammer was old stock from a previous run that had sat around in the factory for months or years before being used in an otherwise new gun. I'm with everyone else here, including you: don't sweat it.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

That's all the rust you could find? LOL. Didnt really expect more with the finish when I received mine. Cleaned the hell out of mine with Ballistol. Fun little blaster, enjoy