Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2535373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Wool Blankets

Are these all the same wool/whatever mixture? I guess it would have to be dry clean only if it's pure wool.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Any reviews? Has anyone seen these blankets? There are no pics on the web site. Too bad we couldn't just drive to North Van to check them out. With free shipping up to $200 grab two blankets and a knife is not enough.

Really, I've been member there since the 70's, for the first several decades they preach on labour friendly. Guess times have changed, left us old farts behind.
    Honestly not super impressed. I have no doubt they are warm but they are thinner/lighter and rougher-finished (sloppily cut edges) than I expected. They are also a little narrower than I expected.

Not dissatisfied, but I was expecting a little better.
    A Winchester Model P94 plasma rifle. An industrial-grade energy weapon, firing superheated bolts of plasma down a superconducting barrel. Powered by microfusion cells.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So, CanAm, where are the Indian ones we have been led into. Is this the old, "Bait and Switch Tactic"? We have all agreed with, and provided input on, what we wanted for a NEW MANUFACTURE blanket. You gave us sizes, confirmed samples, and told us that we could expect a spring delivery.
    Now you have blankets that are milsurp, and much smaller/lighter than those we asked for.

Honest answer, now...are the Indian blankets still coming or not? Or are we not buying these Romanian switches instead.
    ThriveLife-Cold Lake - Like having a grocery store in your basement. www.canada.tednshannonthrive.thrivelife.com
    Possession is 9/10's of the NEED!!
    "When guns become outlawed, only outlaws will have them" - Louis L'Amour.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Jesus some of you guys fly off the handle quick and right to extremes.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie wildcat View Post
    So, CanAm, where are the Indian ones we have been led into. Is this the old, "Bait and Switch Tactic"? We have all agreed with, and provided input on, what we wanted for a NEW MANUFACTURE blanket. You gave us sizes, confirmed samples, and told us that we could expect a spring delivery.
    Now you have blankets that are milsurp, and much smaller/lighter than those we asked for.

Honest answer, now...are the Indian blankets still coming or not? Or are we not buying these Romanian switches instead.
    Not sure if you are trying to be hostile, but lighten up if you are.

We were offered these surplus blankets, so we took them. Not everything is a scam

The wool blankets are far from a priority given how busy we are right now.

They will come eventually, but they are just blankets, and very low on my list of things to do.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    .......but they are just blankets, and very low on my list of things to do.
    Seriously?

this thread is not even 9 months old and has 60,000 views and 450 replies... It is the top 5 thread in your forum!
    The other threads higher have been around for years.

I think this would rank pretty high in your 'Stuff to Get Done' List.

Think about it.

yes, it is a popular thread, but again just one small item that takes up hughe warehouse spaces, and absorbs a lot of time, at a time we are struggling just to fill the orders we have on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Honestly not super impressed. I have no doubt they are warm but they are thinner/lighter and rougher-finished (sloppily cut edges) than I expected. They are also a little narrower than I expected.

Not dissatisfied, but I was expecting a little better.
    Odd you say this because these are the heaviest blanket I have seen on the surplus market, and we chose them because of this. What are you comparing it to?

If ppl are expecting heavier, then I will need to reassess the weights we have ordered for this project.

CGN Regular
    Last ETA was 'spring'. Spring starts in a few weeks, and runs for a few months. Chill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In a shell scrape 300 metres behind you...
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie wildcat View Post

Wow - so you have how much time, money, sweat and tears tied up in this project???