Wool Blankets

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interest is not surprising considering all inexpensive blankets in stores are rubbish. Don`t get me started on those fleece ones. I`ve bought surplus blankets from many countries. Retail store ``China`` made do not compare. Hudson`s Bay ones are worth it but too nice for field use. I recall that India has companies that manufacture canvas tents for militaries,etc. and they take their textiles seriously. The Swiss Army blankets are expensive and collectible these days. India made a reproduction that I`ve heard is good quality for the money.

This endeavor will indeed fill a void since European made military blankets are selling out and many surplus stores are out. Just look online. A decade ago everybody was selling the Italian ones for about $20 US. Heavy, itchy, and extremely durable. Century Vallen has made in Canada blankets. The 100% is about $60, and they have ones with less wool mixed with other fibres for cheaper. The tag says made in Canada but no company name. The weight isn`t much or the thickness. They sell em for emergency use at workplaces, 1st aid rooms.

CanAM, I`ll buy one or two, and hopefully reorder. Keep them plain without stripes. More weight is the goal, not bed appearance. These should have characteristics for field use more than home use. Any of the colors, browns, or olive drab will mask dirt well. Charcoal color.

Awesome to hear that you're going to tackle both the 'homefront' and the field gear sides of things. Seriously, I wish I could find my grandmother's old HBC stripe blanket. Those suckers are stupidly expensive these days.

Can-Am,
Earlier you had indicated a delivery date in December. Are we still on track with that and can I expect to have them in time for Christmas presents?

^^. I TOTALLY missed that. And I read that post, or so I thought. CanAm, you will not hear from me again until spring...about blankets, that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom