Wool Blankets

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a queen sized, at that price, I'd buy. Maybe two.

I have some smaller ones, 5'x6" they're fantastic for camping and such, but are really too small for much else.

20 ounce per yard of material or as he stated a little heavier 25 ounce per yard of material.
From what I can tell the basic Hudson Bay blanket is about a 20 ounce weight.

I too, would be interested, in two maybe three blankets.

TB

Good point. If its MADE IN CHINA I am not interested.

Canam, when you say 20 oz, does that mean that is the weight of the blanket?

I think that's per yard. I don't know, however, if it's for a square yard or for a yard of fabric which is usually 60".

I'd be in for one or two, for sure.

Have HBC 'woolies' for every bed in the house during winter, love them. Would be interested in these if they were heavy/well made (25oz might be better?). Wife has been looking into making a coat from a wool blanket, old HBC style, these might be good for that too.

Should go over well !

:)... The heavier weight is more useful for most applications where the wool shines. Also, the BINDING, is often the weak point, and wears out/breaks long before the blanket itself is worn out. ..... Queen Sized would definitely be practical and effective. Far better to drape oneself in than a Single ! ..... Darker colors, less prone to showing the dirt and soot from a Camp Fire etc.etc. ( or Dog Hair and Cat puke, in a House ;)) .... David K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom