Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues With BC Chief Firearms Officer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    I got my short term ATT in less than 5 hours today.
    A couple weeks ago, I got another short term ATT in 1 day.

I dunno about long term ATT tho..

Mine took about a week. It could be that right now they are taking flak for releasing wingnuts gun back to him.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

I'd call your Conservative MLA/MP and ask for an explanation as to why the system has slowed down rather than sped up, being as how there are no requirements to register non-restricted anymore, if anything, things should have sped up. Elections are coming, answers are needed.

TB

I've had nothing but great experience with the bc CFO. At the end of may I just left a message with all my info and I had both short and long ATT in my email in a couple of hours. Not sure what's happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLGiLL View Post
    I've had nothing but great experience with the bc CFO. At the end of may I just left a message with all my info and I had both short and long ATT in my email in a couple of hours. Not sure what's happening now.
    X2

I've always left a message on their voicemail and they get back to me right away. Their voicemail greeting requests a TON of info about your requested ATT, but I usually just keep it simple- Name, PAL, Cert #, date and reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bgcameron View Post
    X2

I've always left a message on their voicemail and they get back to me right away. Their voicemail greeting requests a TON of info about your requested ATT, but I usually just keep it simple- Name, PAL, Cert #, date and reason.
    As a new license holder, it is my first ATT, but it has been 2 weeks since I faxed in the paperwork.

Last Wednesday I phoned and left a message...I got a call back within 2 hours. The fellow I spoke to stated that they had a 4-6 week backlog...no explanation, and said to call back around 3 weeks time to make sure they got it.

So, yeah...I am at the end of week 2, and probably 2-4 weeks left to wait until I could buy my restricted.

Sucks, but it is what it is. And, yeah...No Conservative MP's to be found anywhere around here. Unfortunately, I live on the Left Coast.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Regular
    I just kept calling yesterday, probably 8+ times before i got through. When I finally did, I spoke to a very kind man, (sounded like the CFO) and asked him about my restricted transfer (keep in mind i already had my LTATT for my other guns). I had been waiitng a week+ for this transfer, once I spoke to him he approved it on the spot.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancouvergunnut View Post
    I just kept calling yesterday, probably 8+ times before i got through. When I finally did, I spoke to a very kind man, (sounded like the CFO) and asked him about my restricted transfer (keep in mind i already had my LTATT for my other guns). I had been waiitng a week+ for this transfer, once I spoke to him he approved it on the spot.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease
    The BC-CFO is female, Terry Hamilton.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    The BC-CFO is female, Terry Hamilton.
    Oh, strange. Usually if a chick answers she tells me its still under review and to not call back, however this guy was very helpful.

24 days and counting